Farmall F12 Does it have live PTO?

/ Farmall F12 Does it have live PTO? #1  

martin bird

Tractor
Ford 8n & others
That's the question, thanks.

by the way, it's confusing to a newbie who made this F12? I see it labeled Farmall, International, McCormick? A group project?

/ Farmall F12 Does it have live PTO? #2  
NO. I think LPTO wasn't even thought of when it was built.

/ Farmall F12 Does it have live PTO? #3  
by the way, it's confusing to a newbie who made this F12? I see it labeled Farmall, International, McCormick? A group project?

At the time the F12 was made, and well into the 60's, McCormick Deering was a trademark of International Harvester. McCormick and Deering were early farm equipment brands. They and others merged to form International Harvester. Farmall was the brand name used by International on their tractors.

Live PTOs appeared much later, after the Cub, A, C, H and M models that were made in the 40's and 50's.

Terry

/ Farmall F12 Does it have live PTO? #4  
International Harvester introduced the Farmall in 1923. It was a single tractor line that eventually became what farmers called the Farmall "Regular" when the first of the F series, the Farmall F-30 was introduced in 1930. That was followed by the F-20 and the regular became the F-12, replaced in about 1936 by the F-14. The letter series started with the Farmall H in 1939. Independent PTO came much later.