Farmers almanac scared me... Excuse to buy a 3pt snow blower

/ Farmers almanac scared me... Excuse to buy a 3pt snow blower #1  

Firefighter Kubota

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 7510
They say its going to be a doozie this winter.... So, I broke down and picked up a 3pt snow blower. I missed out a few years ago on a really good year, then we had no snow and I was glad I hadn't spent the money, but the last 2 years I wish I had...

So...After looking for 3 months I found this jewel on craigslist...

54" PUMA with hydraulic rotation and deflection:thumbsup: for $1200

Glad I installed my rear remotes. One was dedicated to my hydraulic top link, but I added some quick connects so I can swap it to the deflection , and the other remote was for my grapple / snow plow angle, so I'll use that for the rotation....

More install pics later...

blower 3pt.jpgblower.JPGblower1.JPGblower2.JPG

/ Farmers almanac scared me... Excuse to buy a 3pt snow blower #2  
nice find. craigslist certainly has some good buys... when the sjow flies... enjoy

/ Farmers almanac scared me... Excuse to buy a 3pt snow blower #3  
The first year my neighbor bought his thrower we didn't have any snow and he was all bummed out. I told him if that's all it takes to keep it from snowing, I'll buy a thrower every year and bury it in the back field as a sacrifice to the snow gods.

/ Farmers almanac scared me... Excuse to buy a 3pt snow blower
The first year my neighbor bought his thrower we didn't have any snow and he was all bummed out. I told him if that's all it takes to keep it from snowing, I'll buy a thrower every year and bury it in the back field as a sacrifice to the snow gods.

:laughing:

/ Farmers almanac scared me... Excuse to buy a 3pt snow blower #5  
I have the exact blower and hyd rotator great blower bear to drain oil though need to stand on end but ok cause in summer I store it that way

/ Farmers almanac scared me... Excuse to buy a 3pt snow blower
I have the exact blower and hyd rotator great blower bear to drain oil though need to stand on end but ok cause in summer I store it that way

I actually grabbed it based on your reviews in some old threads. Yeah. I saw the side plug and figured, what a pain. How much oil does it take? and what type? I've greased it and run it momentarily, but haven't done the oil yet. Thanks

/ Farmers almanac scared me... Excuse to buy a 3pt snow blower #7  
Nice, you're ready now.

/ Farmers almanac scared me... Excuse to buy a 3pt snow blower #8  
Nice find!

/ Farmers almanac scared me... Excuse to buy a 3pt snow blower #9  
Ill look in the manual and let u know officially what it takes I do know I use synthetic gear oil keep your chain oiled oiled I do mine after I use it each time keep it tight too get yourself some spare shear bolts if u got a gravel drive adjust your top link all the way so it leaves some snow til ground freezes I also keep the shoes at the highest settings all the time too clean out the left over ice and snow after each use note the harder you push this blower the better it likes it

/ Farmers almanac scared me... Excuse to buy a 3pt snow blower #10  
Now you went and done it! Ever since I bought my front mounted snow blower two years ago NO SNOW!