Farmi log skidder on the way(update)

/ Farmi log skidder on the way(update) #1  

makin1mess

Tractor
jd 5055
A couple months back I asked you all for opinions on log skidders. The thread was very informative and thought provoking. I settled on getting a Farmi skidder by reputation and discussion with a few owners. We will see if it follows it's rep.
Looking at the schematic of the parts list for each machine, Wallenstein and Farmi, the parts and build appear to be similar. It was suggested in a link that had a comparison that Wallenstein didn't have bearings, but instead Bushings in their machine. This is not the case. Possibly in older Wallenstein models, but not what I found in researching the new ones.
There was also some suggestions about building a skidder by various methods,ie. FEL mounted vs. 3 pt., Hydraulic, etc. Due to work that I happily found, I didn't get far on a build and went with buying one instead. Here's to hoping the machine pays for itself with time saved logging and not welding. I'll find that out shortly also.
Thanks to everyone that gave opinions and information.
Back to the mess.

/ Farmi log skidder on the way(update) #2  
Congratulations. Sounds like you are preparing for a productivity bump! Don't forget to post some pictures when you get it - we like pictures.

/ Farmi log skidder on the way(update) #3  
Which Farmi winch did you decide to get?

/ Farmi log skidder on the way(update)
It is a 351. I want to be able to use it on a smaller tractor to have maneuverability though I'm giving up power.