Farmi or Fransgard winch???

/ Farmi or Fransgard winch???
Well, after taking Peter Hayden up on his generous offer to swing down and give his winch a try, I've gotta admit I'm awfully impressed by the strength of the Farmi winch...and the beauty of his land! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Peter dropped a pair of dead poplars for me to practice with. What a world of difference proper equipment makes! There's no way I could have wedged my 3010 between the trees close enough to wrap a chain on those poplars, but the winch made it a simple chore.

Many thanks to Peter. I'll be picking up a new winch next week!

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Farmi or Fransgard winch??? #12  
You're welcome, but I think I still got the better end of the deal. Nearly a ton of coffee, a 55 gal plastic drum, help removing and hauling two trees, and good company to boot. Stop by any time.

Peter

/ Farmi or Fransgard winch??? #13  
Let us know when you get a chance to use the new winch.

Sure will. I hauled it home in a borrowed pickup (barely fit!) and used the loader to stand it up in the garage. Spent this evening cutting the shaft to size and attaching it to Clementine's rear. Ran out of daylight (darn that Daylight Savings Time/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif) or I would have been out there hauling logs off the landing. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Sure is a rugged looking piece of gear!

Pete

/ Farmi or Fransgard winch??? #15  
I'm sure photos are to follow also right Pete!?

Kevin

Only if I can convince my wife to snap a few! I'm having WAY too much fun skidding logs and yanking large saplings out of the ground! I should have gotten one of these things YEARS ago! /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Pete

/ Farmi or Fransgard winch??? #17  
Pulling saplings? How big? I never tried that. How is it better than cutting them?

/ Farmi or Fransgard winch??? #18  
No stumps to deal with if you pull 'em.

Peter -- I pull them because it leaves no sharp stubs for the dogs or my barefoot wife to hurt themselves on.

Pete

/ Farmi or Fransgard winch??? #20  
But that's what you need a backhoe for.

I like the paper cup training exercies for backhoes. Maybe I'll use mine to collect litter along the side of the road and report about it under the "rediculous uses of tractors" thread.