Grading FARMING IN A CURVE v A STRAIGHT LINE

/ FARMING IN A CURVE v A STRAIGHT LINE #21  
My two cents on contour work. I have pasture that that has a ten foot difference from the east end to the west end and I wanted to try and hold some of the moisture up and not congregate on the low,west end. We ended up contour plowing it according to a survey line we used a transit. The contour has a shape to slow the moisture run. When we finished it off after plowing and disking and harrowing after seed and lime, it grew well, held mositure up like we wanted. only downside is that if cutting across it straight it is a bit rough.

/ FARMING IN A CURVE v A STRAIGHT LINE
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has helped me with this question. I have been amazed at the depth of knowledge and experience that is accessible through this blog, and I particularly appreciate how willing folks are to share and be helpful. Thank you all.

/ FARMING IN A CURVE v A STRAIGHT LINE #23  
once you've gotten your feet wet, the various guidance products make this task really easy when it comes to spraying and tasks where you can't clearly see where you've been. The price for quality stuff has been dropping, and you get can simple light bars under $900 that will get you within inches.