Farmpro 2425 / Jinma 254 hard starting in the winter.

/ Farmpro 2425 / Jinma 254 hard starting in the winter. #31  
Hello there
I'm have startingproblems to! I have a Jinma 224 and when I use the preheating the 30Amp fuse is blown after a few seconds. Can this mean a defective glow-plug? Anyone who got an idea? How can I check the glow-plugs?
Thanks for any solutions! Thanks from Belgium!

/ Farmpro 2425 / Jinma 254 hard starting in the winter. #32  
Hello there
I'm have startingproblems to! I have a Jinma 224 and when I use the preheating the 30Amp fuse is blown after a few seconds. Can this mean a defective glow-plug? Anyone who got an idea? How can I check the glow-plugs?
Thanks for any solutions! Thanks from Belgium!

Welcome to TBN! Say hello to Belgium for me. Please start a new thread. Copy the text of your post, click on the link below. Then click on "Post new thread" enter "Jinma 224 Glow Plug Fuse Blows" as your subject, paste the text from your post, and I and others will try to help.

Chinese Tractors

/ Farmpro 2425 / Jinma 254 hard starting in the winter. #33  
Last order I got from Tommy was wrapped in a nice pair of girls jeans (Expensive CHIC size1) fit our 25yr old girl pretty good. She would have flipped if she knew they were wrapped around a stub axle for the tractor :D The others were totally handy for rags to help install the cleanup afterwards which is a great bonus from Tommy :)

Mark

/ Farmpro 2425 / Jinma 254 hard starting in the winter. #34  
Hello there
I'm have startingproblems to! /QUOTE]I agree, start a new topic. This one is 3 pages long and is starting to stray anyway. We can start fresh with your issue in a new thread.

//greg//

/ Farmpro 2425 / Jinma 254 hard starting in the winter.
How was thing even running?

Ok, I got around to replacing the glow plugs. Did one on the end. I cant get a socket around the others to remove them, so I wanted to check to see if it made a difference. Suddenly I noticed something which leads me to this question: Is the bus bar supposed to be connected to something?

I know the answer from basic circuitry but I want to be sure. Look at the enclosed picture with my arrows. This looks like it was never connected to anything but the glow plugs.

There needs to be something connected here right? :confused:

20121227_123001.jpg

/ Farmpro 2425 / Jinma 254 hard starting in the winter. #36  
How was thing even running?

Ok, I got around to replacing the glow plugs. Did one on the end. I cant get a socket around the others to remove them, so I wanted to check to see if it made a difference. Suddenly I noticed something which leads me to this question: Is the bus bar supposed to be connected to something?

I know the answer from basic circuitry but I want to be sure. Look at the enclosed picture with my arrows. This looks like it was never connected to anything but the glow plugs.

There needs to be something connected here right? :confused:

View attachment 295457

Yes. That last open hole on mine has a wire attached that actually provides the (+) power for the glow plugs. The (-) side is through the head.

/ Farmpro 2425 / Jinma 254 hard starting in the winter. #37  
I have a 2004 of the same tractor and mine has a green wire from the switch to the hole on the right in the picture.

/ Farmpro 2425 / Jinma 254 hard starting in the winter. #38  
Probably why your fuse is blowing, the wire that is supposed to be connected to the buss bar is contacting ground....Mike

/ Farmpro 2425 / Jinma 254 hard starting in the winter. #39  
Yes like above there should be a green wire connected there, (though it could be a different color.) There is a spot between the "RUN" and the "CRANK" spot on the key & that is what should power the glow plugs. It is hard to know if that wire came loose or was never installed. look for a loose wire in the area that should have a ring terminal on it.

If it is missing you have 2 choices one is to wire in a SPST Push Button Switch that will fire the glow plugs. Like an old Starter Switches in old cars. Has to be a Heavy Duty one as there is 30 amps draw in the plugs. Or a Light duty switch with a Relay. There needs to be a Fuse or Circuit Breaker in the circuit.

Power should come from the Main Starter Battery HOT thru the FUse/Circuit Breaker to the Relay Contact out of the switched side of the contact to the plugs'. did a quick drawing
GLOWPLUG-Model_zps8ac4072d.jpg

hope that helps. you can fire the relay using the KEY switch on between the crank & Run spots.

Mark

/ Farmpro 2425 / Jinma 254 hard starting in the winter.
Case Closed.

I found the wired tucked into the harness and taped up. The way the bus bar looked and the eye connector I dont think it was ever hooked up. Weirdness.

I scraped the crap off the bus bar and eyelet then connected the wire and it the battery gauge dropped big time when I switched crank and run.

Started after a 15-20 sec warmup. I think I am going hookup a thicker wire and a relay like a few of mentioned previously. The existing wire looks really thin.

Thanks guys! I'm ready for the Michigan snow. :thumbsup: