Farmtrac 270

/ Farmtrac 270 #1  

Skinnyman

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235
I have a chance to buy a Farmtrac 270, 4wd, with FEL and box blade, 2005 model with 61 hrs, for $9,500. Spec wise, this tractor will fit my needs and the price seems very reasonable. Tractor is in perfect condition and been garage keep. I have read the numerous post around the farmtrac tractor around parts issues and getting service. Opinions around this tractor would be welcomed.

/ Farmtrac 270 #2  
Sounds like a good tractor to me. I will speak for others, pictures are welcome!

/ Farmtrac 270 #3  
I would say do it. I bought my farmtrac 360 with 600 hours for $7500 all in all it is about the same deal quality.

I had a lot of people saying not to go with the FarmTrac because of the condition of the company, but I did anyways. I had a problem with the clutch and the dealer stood behind it and took care of it.

The lesson I learned is sometimes it does not matter as much what you are buying, but who you are buying it from. You could get an abused (insert tractor name here) and if the dealer does not stand behind it you will not feel as happy as if you got an abused (insert name here) and they did.

So if you feel comfortable with the people you are buying it from go for it.