FarmTrac 300DTC and 360DTC Opinions wanted

/ FarmTrac 300DTC and 360DTC Opinions wanted #1  

cmuncy

Silver Member
Tractor
FarmTrac 300DTC
I have spent the last week researching the FarmTrac 300DTC and 360DTC and have met with a local dealer and gone for a test drive. I am impressed with the overall operation of these little tractors and believe that for my 13 acres that they will fit the bill without breaking the budget.

The dealer that I visited with gave me a quote of just under $17k for the 300DTC, box blad, and 5' mower. Tomorrow I am going to solicit price quotes from some more texas and Oklahoma dealers to see exactly how far off I am on this price quote.

Not only am I impressed with the tractor, I am very impressed with the dealer. As someone who is in the retail business, she treated me in the same manor as I treat my customers, which even if I had to pay a bit more to buy from thsi dealer, I would.

Now given the above, how about some opinions on this tractor?? Using the search, I came back with just 3 hits that had any kind of info.

We will be using this tractor as our primary work tractor on our land, with the primary function of hay moving, brush cutting, and general maintenance.

Thanks guys. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ FarmTrac 300DTC and 360DTC Opinions wanted #2  
I was impressed with the machine, I just wish it had better representation stateside & locally. The LG tractors are sold as Long, & have been or are still badged Agracat, although that nameplate has been the subject of threads here with their financial problems. I don't know why LG hasn't come to these shores under their own name. I guess it's similar to the Mahindra/TYM unit that I bought. Maybe it's easier to let someone else spend the $ promoting it & if it takes off, when the contract is up for renewal, you open dealers under your own nameplate. Overall I think the people that have bought a Long/LG tractor are happy with them.

/ FarmTrac 300DTC and 360DTC Opinions wanted #3  
I bought a 2001 Landtrack 4wd 360 DTC with 22 hours (very similar to your Farmtrac 360 DTC), 90" RFM, loader, and 72" snowblower for $16,000 delivered.

I really like the tractor & RFM. The loader works fine, but is not as heavy duty as I would really like.

I just changed the oils & filters and it was very easy to service.

I hope to have it for a very long time.

Yooper Dave

/ FarmTrac 300DTC and 360DTC Opinions wanted #4  
I have a Long Landtrac 360 DTC (the newer Farmtracs are the same machine). I purchased it new with a Long loader and backhoe for $22000 back in late 2001. I have 560 hours on the unit and have no complaints. I have had a few minor problems (broken clutch pedal spring, bolts on the muffler cover vibrating loose) that were resolved quickly by the dealer. The tractor will easily pull a 2 bottom plow, handle a 6 foot box blade, a 6 foot rear blade, power a chipper/shredder, a 5 foot bushhog. I even moved a small mobile home up a slight grade to a spot I leveled using the loader and backhoe. All in all a well made, nicely equipted tractor for the price.

/ FarmTrac 300DTC and 360DTC Opinions wanted #5  
I recently test drove a Farmtrac 320 DTC and the 270 DTC. I liked how maneuverable and sharp turning it was. I also like the way the shuttle shift mechanism is set-up. These were for sale for 13900 with the front loader. Not bad for a 27030 hp tractor. Are these hard to get parts for, and are they reliable? A Deere 790 (27 hp) is about 14000 w/ loader and the NH TC30 is about the same price. For an off brand I think that the price of the Farmtrac is about 1000 too high? I was considering offering them 13000 and throw in the backhoe at cost or +250. Any suggestions?

/ FarmTrac 300DTC and 360DTC Opinions wanted #6  
Chris, did you loose your way or TDS not have enough info on tractors /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

All kidding aside. I looked at the FarmTrac also but for the money ended up buying a Zetor C47L. LongAgri Business as you know has been around a good long time and make some tractors that look like the older Fords. Since you are pricing from dealers in OK I'd highly recommend Dan from Creek County Equipment (user dancce). He was great to work with and I feel that I can get better service from him than most local dealers even though he is ten hours away /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Well, he has both the stuff from Zetor and LongAgri Business so he could probably tell you the pros and cons of each. Tell him Carl from Iowa sent ya (I was there just ten days ago).

Have a great one
Carl

/ FarmTrac 300DTC and 360DTC Opinions wanted
Good morning Carl,

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Yes, TDS just didn't do it for me when looking for a new tractor, but visions of a tubo kit on my new tractor can not escape me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

After doing a LOT of reading, I did end up getting the 300DTC FarmTrac. I sent out roughly 8 RFB's, and got 6 responses ( sorry Carl, my only OK vendor didnt respond ) My best price was from a dealer about 120 miles away. After talking to the dealer 10 miles away, J&L, they agreed to take almost $1500.00 off of their quote to match the other quote. Before asking them to do that, I was very pleased with the owner and the staff there and figured I would be going there for any parts and service regardless. So it worked out in my favor.

In my research there were SO MANY CHOICES. GOOD choices too.

I ended up getting the FarmTrac 300DTC with loader. 5' Howse box blade, mower and PHD with 6" and 9" augers. I also added a hard canopy and a center and right side cylinder to the 3ph as I saw the added benefit when ripping up some of ground on the land we are closing on today.

Out the door it was right at $17,500.00. I don't feel I got taken, I really like the tractor. More importantly, my wife really likes the tractor too and enjoys driving it.

HERE and HERE are a couple of shots of our new homesite as of today 6/8/2004 and HERE's a shot of the beaver **** on our creek on the back side of the property.

I'll get more pictures this weekend of the tractor in use.

One more thing: After reading these forums for the past month, you guys are a great source of info in everything that I plan on doing. I see myself hanging out in the Build It Yourself forum and Customise It forums. I can just feel my wallet getting lighter as I type this. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris

/ FarmTrac 300DTC and 360DTC Opinions wanted #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ...visions of a tubo kit on my new tractor can not escape me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)</font>
I know what you're talking about /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Out the door it was right at $17,500.00. I don't feel I got taken, I really like the tractor. More importantly, my wife really likes the tractor too and enjoys driving it.)</font>
Sounds like a good deal to me and being close to home is always great!

</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
One more thing: After reading these forums for the past month, you guys are a great source of info in everything that I plan on doing. I see myself hanging out in the Build It Yourself forum and Customise It forums. I can just feel my wallet getting lighter as I type this. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)</font>
You know it!

/ FarmTrac 300DTC and 360DTC Opinions wanted #9  
Hi Chris,

You bought a nice tractor.

Here is a picture of mine.

Yooper Dave

Attachments

• 440734-tractor-6a.JPG
    440734-tractor-6a.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 2,339
   / FarmTrac 300DTC and 360DTC Opinions wanted #10  
Yooperdave, glad to see everything is going well with your Ebay purchase. That was one good transaction I'd say! How 'bout some project pics if you get a chance? I don't care how many times you post a pic of your tractor, I always click and view. John