FARMTRAC 555 LIFT PROBLEM

/ FARMTRAC 555 LIFT PROBLEM #1  

beggar

Bronze Member
Tractor
farmtra555-case1494-kubota M4050-F4610-MF285
I got a farmtrac 555 with about 90 hours on it. The lift would not lift for several minutes. I changed the oil using universal oil and changed the filter. It is still the same. It works fine after the pump primes. Anybody got any ideas?

/ FARMTRAC 555 LIFT PROBLEM #2  
So it doesn't work right off and after it starts working it works well........ Does it have a loader and does that work all the time.

/ FARMTRAC 555 LIFT PROBLEM
No it doesn't have a loader. I have put about 30 hours on it since I bought it.I worked ok to start but has gotten worse since. Almost all hours are on a hay mower. Not a lot of lift usage. This tractor is an 07 model and has mostly set up.

/ FARMTRAC 555 LIFT PROBLEM #4  
You need to take a pressure reading to see if it is the pump or the lift cover needing a rebuild. I have a service manual if you need one.

/ FARMTRAC 555 LIFT PROBLEM #5  
Let me ask you this, does it do it after the tractor had been sitting up for awhile? Say you use the tractor two or three days straight, does it do it then? Massey had this problem on some of their 400 series tractors and had an update kit for them but I'm not sure what all that entailed. I do know that not many people bothered with the update.

/ FARMTRAC 555 LIFT PROBLEM #6  
This site has a dedicated Farm trac forum too, may not help, but you could post there too and yes is it fine after it primes still.

You need to take a pressure reading to see if it is the pump or the lift cover needing a rebuild. I have a service manual if you need one.

I will pressure check when I get back home(offshore now),never thought about a lift cover rebuild. once it gets a prime in the morning it will keep it if you stop the tractor for a while and start back up after a break.`Didn't do it when I first bought it. I have to let it run a while the next day to get it going even with hours on the previous day. Thanks for you guys replying.

/ FARMTRAC 555 LIFT PROBLEM #8  
Probably got an internal leak somewhere and its sucking air. Could be a simple .50cent o ring somewhere.

Thanks Clint S. I'll look at parts diagram for location.

/ FARMTRAC 555 LIFT PROBLEM #10  
I will look around for my service manual cd and check trouble shooting. After the pressure test if you need to tear into the cover let me know.