Oil & Fuel Farmtrac oil filter

/ Farmtrac oil filter #1  

Eric_Phillips

Platinum Member
Tractor
FarmTrac 270DTC
Anyone know if I can get an engine oil filter for a 270DTC from an auto supply store or do I need one from the dealer? Not that I have anything against my dealer he is just farther away than the auto store.

Eric

/ Farmtrac oil filter #4  
Did you find an aftermarket oil filter for your tractor? I also have a 270DTC, and I can't find anybody who can cross reference from the LG-4481 part number. My dealer wants $8.09 for the filter, which is reasonable enough, but he is over 100 miles away.

/ Farmtrac oil filter #5  
I found Ken from Earthmovers Supply on an old thread here and found him to be very fair and easy to deal with. I bought a half dozen new oil filters as well as a hydro filter, a couple of fuel filters and an air filter for my 270DTC. I think I paid about $4 each for the Donaldson oil filters. The beauty of it all is that the shipment came right to my front door and there was no sales tax. Actually the sales tax is deferred until I report the purchase on my NYS income tax return of course.

Eric, I will be in Rochester Fri. 2/22 through Sun. 2/24 staying at Clarion Hotel on Main St. downtown and would be happy to pack a new oil filter and leave it at the front desk for you to pick up if it is more convenient. Throw the $4 into the collection basket at church after you are sure the filter works for you.

EARTHMOVERS SUPPLY, INC. - Parts Distributor For Off-Road Equipment

Attached is cross ref. chart for filters for the 27 hp Daedong (first 3 rows) and others.

Attachments

• tractor filters.pdf
    67.8 KB · Views: 589
   / Farmtrac oil filter #6  
Thanks for the reply and the filter list. I found a dealer within 40 miles, and he doesn't sell a lot of Farmtracs, but had all the filters in stock for my model and charged me $49.93 for all 4 - Oil, hydraulic, fuel, and air. These will take care of my 200 hour maintenance, and give me plenty of time to source better deals before the next filter changes.

/ Farmtrac oil filter #7  
Anyone know if I can get an engine oil filter for a 270DTC from an auto supply store or do I need one from the dealer? Not that I have anything against my dealer he is just farther away than the auto store.

Eric
Take your old oil filter to napa and they can fine you one to fit it