farmtrac replacement clutch

/ farmtrac replacement clutch #11  
rox29160 said:
Thanks to all. Ag Parts Ltd had the bolts I needed. My mechanic put the tractor back together yesterday and everything seems to be working great. I hope this solves the problem. Don't understand why they would have sheared off like they did. Hopefully there is nothing else wrong which caused them to wear quicker. But again thanks to all for your help.

Could you please provide info on the bolts like a part number or who you talked to there? I had spent about ten minutes on the phone with them inquiring about these bolts and was told they aren't available??

I'm glad that you must have checked with them before reading my post because I do my very best to provide accurate information and I was told they did not have these bolts!!

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks and sorry for the bad info,
Ken

/ farmtrac replacement clutch
I talked with a guy named Jeff. They didn't list parts for the 320, but he searched around and found a similar clutch which used the same bolts. The head of the bolts he sent were a size bigger, but that shouldn't matter. The threads, pitch and length were the same. I gave him all the thread information so he could cross reference. I don't have that info with me now, but I will see if I can dig that up for you tonight. We simply took the old bolts and figured out the thread from a tap and die set.

I'm guessing you have a Farmtrac 320 with the same problem? I wonder if these are defective.

/ farmtrac replacement clutch #13  
rox29160 said:
I talked with a guy named Jeff. They didn't list parts for the 320, but he searched around and found a similar clutch which used the same bolts. The head of the bolts he sent were a size bigger, but that shouldn't matter. The threads, pitch and length were the same. I gave him all the thread information so he could cross reference. I don't have that info with me now, but I will see if I can dig that up for you tonight. We simply took the old bolts and figured out the thread from a tap and die set.

I'm guessing you have a Farmtrac 320 with the same problem? I wonder if these are defective.

Thanks for posting. I had another talk with them yesterday and think I got everything straightened out.

I just don't like passing out bad information because I have been given bad information so I was very curious as to why I was told they did not have these bolts! As it turns out, they do in fact have them as you know and I've ordered a few sets to have on the shelf.

I don't have a Farmtrac but the bolt is used with a lot of DaeDong applications. I don't think the bolts are defective but there have been some early hours failures and I think it is due to poor adjustment or not being torqued right at the factory.

Ken