Farmtrac Roll Call

/ Farmtrac Roll Call #31  
NewToy said:
Yikes!, that sounds a bit stiff for the hydraulic filter. Hopefully the price is mismarked on the correct filter.:)
John

If you had a JD, you could pay $85.00 for a Hydro filter.:D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to change the engine oil and filter, and the hydro fluid and filter at 50 hours. It's not really due until 200 and 400 hours respectively. But I figured it would be cheap insurance. Turns out this insurance really is not that cheap.

The attached bill shows a total parts cost of $220.20. The single biggest expense was the hydro filter, which is $85.49. This is not a typo. My dealer is a relatively high volume CUT dealer with two locations. They did not have this filter in stock and had NEVER SOLD ONE BEFORE! The parts guy said people don't bother to change this filter because it costs too much.

/ Farmtrac Roll Call
RollingsFarms said:
where's KrumpsBrothers been latley? anyone know?

Still here,
Just sold my business that I've had for 7 years. Took 4 months to get the deal closed!

My future tractor projects include:
Building 2000' fence
Hauling 100+ tons river rock for driveway(on location)
Building new house
Maintaining 200 pecan trees (adding 50 every year)
Baling 50 acres hay
etc.etc.

KB

/ Farmtrac Roll Call #33  
32Ford said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to change the engine oil and filter, and the hydro fluid and filter at 50 hours. It's not really due until 200 and 400 hours respectively. But I figured it would be cheap insurance. Turns out this insurance really is not that cheap.

The attached bill shows a total parts cost of $220.20. The single biggest expense was the hydro filter, which is $85.49. This is not a typo. My dealer is a relatively high volume CUT dealer with two locations. They did not have this filter in stock and had NEVER SOLD ONE BEFORE! The parts guy said people don't bother to change this filter because it costs too much.
That must be one heck of a good filter.

/ Farmtrac Roll Call #34  
32Ford said:

/ Farmtrac Roll Call #35  
NewToy said:

I think it's the green paint that makes it so pricey.:cool:

/ Farmtrac Roll Call #36  
Bought my 360 TLB in December of 2005. Worked it like a horse and it hasn't let me down yet. Broke a couple of handles on the quick release when tearing down the barns. Dealer replaced them "FREE". Even stopped by to put them on. No complaints here. Only about 220 hours on it though. All the hard work was the first year. Now it mainly hauls manure and wood. And waiting on the snow next! :) Every once in a while we through the backhoe back on and dig a good hole. Next summer is the new garage and rear deck on the house. That will get her busy again!

/ Farmtrac Roll Call #37  
2006 555DTC with FEL purchased 1-07. Now has 135 hrs. First problem was injector pump leaking. Dealer fixed promptly but tractor had no power after fix. Dealer had crushed a line feeeding pump. Fixed that and then had trouble with slow hydraulics. Weak relief valve was culprit and was also fixed by dealer. Generally this is a good tractor, good power, plenty of traction, but has the noisy Ford tractor engine from that period. Good dealer service.

/ Farmtrac Roll Call #38  
Boy it's been a few years since I've posted here on TBN.

I've got a 300DTC with 250 hours on it that was new in 05. 5140M loader, box blade, phd, brush hog, spreader, and canopy.

THis thing has been through the wringer as I use it to clear land. Now that the land clearing is done, I need to replace some cosmetic pieces like:
both plastic fenders ( yupon han tear those right off!)
engine hood ( had a tree drop on it and it musghroomed out big time!)

The only problems I have with it are:
The throttle cable which gets snagged on debrise. Needs to be replaced and protected.
The way the loader hydraulic lines are routed is they rub on the loader frame and cut the cables.
Forward and reverse shuttle lever sometimes gets disconencted.
Neutral safety switch usually has to be retightened before every season.

Other than that, I love this little tractor! Both my wife and kids have no problem driving it or using it on the farm.

I'm just waiting for Baldwin to start makign all of the filters for it so I don't feel violated when I go buy them at my dealership.