Fast Dump FEL

/ Fast Dump FEL #1  

ruko

Bronze Member
Tractor
None
My DK4210 Kioti tractor did not come with a "fast dump" FEL function because it has a glass cab. The same model tractor without a cab has this function as standard equipment. Difficult to understand the reasoning behind this. Has anyone experienced retrofitting a tractor with "fast dump" function? Probably very expensive.

/ Fast Dump FEL #2  
Fast Dump is also known as Regen. There are hydraulic regenerative valves that you can add to the circuit externally to achieve what you what. You won't as neat as the built in one on the loader valve but won't that bad either.

Here is an example of one sold on a local hydraulic shop. It's costs about €140.

s-l300.jpg

/ Fast Dump FEL #3  
Would the joystick hit the cab if it traveled farther to the right to go into a regen or fast dump. No idea what valve Kioti uses but some if not most have a 4th position that is either regen or normal. Similar to float position on loader.

/ Fast Dump FEL #4  
So how how much faster is the Kioti fast dump feature than a regular dump ?

/ Fast Dump FEL #5  
Fast dump speed depends on the ratio of cylinder areas but typically on most loaders I would suspect 20 to 30 percent increase in speed

/ Fast Dump FEL #6  
It still blows my mind why manufactures still call it "fast dump"

Because on most loaders ...you really won't notice a difference. And if the bucket is loaded.....Regen will actually make it dump SLOWER. Because gravity is capable of dumping the loader faster than the cylinders can fill with oil if you have a loaded bucket. This causes air in the cylinders and the bucket will flop around if you immediately try to backdrag.

Regen solves this issue by pressurizing both ports. And that's the reason they are used on loaders

In "some" hydraulic systems Regen can be used to gain speed at the expense of power. A Regen valve on a logsplitter with a single stage pump is a prime example. They are also commonly used in industrial systems like presses. Regen is used for greater speed. But that isn't the purpose on a tractor loader at all.

I think somewhere along the line, someone riding a desk making brochures in the sales department and no understanding of hydraulics started calling it a fast dump valve because it sounded like an extra feature over the competition.

Personally I don't know anyone who uses the second dump function on their joystick. If first position is Regen....that's what is used. If first position is non Regen, that is what they used. And I think most are clueless there is even a 2nd position most of the time. Some loader valves are Regen ONLY. The only case I can think of people pushing last the detent is only if the first position is Regen, and they have a diverter to angle a plow or close a grapple lid.

/ Fast Dump FEL #7  
Fast dump speed depends on the ratio of cylinder areas but typically on most loaders I would suspect 20 to 30 percent increase in speed
My apologies on the speed increase example: a cylinder with 2 inch bore and 1 1/8 rod the increase would be approximately 68% speed increase with regen. I calculated backwards on my first post.