Fatal tractor accident in NY

/ Fatal tractor accident in NY #11  
That stuff is getting way out of hand isn't it?

When I click on that link I'm invaded by crap telling me my computer is damaged and needs repaired.....

My adblock must be doing it's job, I was able to read it with no problem.

It's always sad when somebody is just trying to do what he's good at and something like this happens.

/ Fatal tractor accident in NY #12  
We just had a death of a local person too. He was operating a dozer and disturbed a hive of bees. He either fell off or jumped off the dozer and was run over by it. It sounds like there were lots of bees too. I knew him, good kid. Family also does tree service work and firewood.

UPDATE: Police suspect bee attack led to death of man operating bulldozer - WKOW
That is probably my biggest fear, I am very allergic to honeybees. I carry a pen, but 1 bee could do me in according to the Dr.

/ Fatal tractor accident in NY #13  
One from Friday:
This one hits close to home. I would ask, as we are in the middle harvest, one of busiest times of the year for farms all over the country, PLEASE, PLEASE, take your time, be alert, and patient when coming across farm equipment on the road. We do have very large equipment, that moves very slowly, we do start very early in the morning and work late at night. We really don't want to be on the road any longer than we have to, we do need to move from field to field or orchard to orchard and between farms. My friend and coworker Joe was driving the tractor pictured here on Friday afternoon. He was trying to make a left turn off a state route when the dump truck pulling a trailer loaded with sand plowed into the back end of the merger he was pulling. Joe was thrown through the window of the tractor. He was Mercy flighted to the hospital with several injuries. We are hopeful that Joe can return home today to his wife and two young children, that's all any of us want at the end of a long day in the fields and orchards. We are thankful, by the grace of God, that Joe didn't end up underneath any of this twisted steel. It might have been a different story, had that happened. Joe and his family could use some prayers as he will need several weeks to heal. Thank you all, please be careful out on the roads today and everyday.
Crash1.jpg
Crash2.jpg
Crash3.jpg

Aaron Z

/ Fatal tractor accident in NY #14  
Good to hear that he may be coming home soon.
Glad that he was in enough tractor that the truck didn't run clear over him.
I had a close one this fall making a left with a tractor, chopper, and forage wagon.
When we make a left if no on coming traffic is in the way we swing over across the center line before our turn,
I had just moved over straddling the double yellow, I knew that there was a tractor trailer behind me that had slowed.
Well he decided he would pass as I was getting ready to turn left I had about 10-15 feet and I would have been turning
and there he is in my mirror maybe 20 feet behind the tractor and accelerating.

/ Fatal tractor accident in NY #15  
^^^
It isn't just tractor operators who need to worry about that. 20 or so years ago a local woman was killed when a tractor-trailer operator passed her as she was turning left into a driveway to drop her daughter off at a birthday party. His excuse; "I thought that she was going to let me go by."
A few years ago the same driver lost control of his Blazer and killed an elderly man who was out snowblowing his driveway... the victim was not in the roadway when it happened. In a town of less than 200 people he killed two in separate motor vehicle incidents.

/ Fatal tractor accident in NY #16  
In a town of less than 200 people he killed two in separate motor vehicle incidents.

I hope he lost his license. Some people were not meant to be on the road.

/ Fatal tractor accident in NY #17  
Those bees have been a menace lately around here. It’s nearly impossible to see them when they build in the ground . Luckily the skunks or raccoons have been gobbling them up pretty quickly the last few weeks.

/ Fatal tractor accident in NY #18  
Those bees have been a menace lately around here. It’s nearly impossible to see them when they build in the ground . Luckily the skunks or raccoons have been gobbling them up pretty quickly the last few weeks.

One of the reasons I got a cab. I must have ran over a hornets nest or disturbed one as few days ago. Was mowing weeds and suddenly noticed several of them flying around the tractor and cab looking for a victim. Was sure glad for the glass between me and them. They seemed to kind of target the hydraulic hoses for some reason.