Fatal Tractor Rollover

/ Fatal Tractor Rollover #1  

turbo36

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD X739 AWS (3), 2016 Toolcat, JD 2038R
Not wearing a seatbelt.

/ Fatal Tractor Rollover #2  
How sad. I wonder how fast he was going. It had to be a pretty violent crash to throw him out of the cab prior to the tractor landing on top of him ...

/ Fatal Tractor Rollover #3  
Not wearing a seatbelt.

That's about 30 minutes north of us.
Very sad.
Still important to wear a seatbelt even in a cabbed machine.

/ Fatal Tractor Rollover #7  
How sad. I wonder how fast he was going. It had to be a pretty violent crash to throw him out of the cab prior to the tractor landing on top of him ...
High speed wobble and jackknife is my guess
Odd, the only photo I'm seeing shows the rear end of the tractor towards the camera and the implement apparently completely detached and in front of the tractor. Stuff could have been moved, but roads are often closed with a fatality.
a8e0ad02-1eb5-4998-98ee-a1d44bbbdf91_1920x1080.jpg

I agree, he was probably going far to fast for the equipment.

Many vehicles are also impacted if a tire is dropped off of the pavement onto the gravel or grass, so it doesn't take much to alter conditions.

It appears to me as if when in transport mode, most of the weight of that soil conditioner is behind the wheels. It may have had significant negative tongue weight.

I'd be curious how it towed if one reached 20 to 30 MPH.

/ Fatal Tractor Rollover #8  
Deputies said an investigation of the crash showed that a tractor pulling a farm implement lost control and jackknifed, causing the driver, 23-year-old Nathan Scherer, to be ejected from the cab.

The tractor then rolled onto Scherer, and he was pronounced dead at the scene, deputies said.

Imma going to guess the driver was going to fast and the implement started swaying, causing the tractor to jackknife.

/ Fatal Tractor Rollover #9  
Imma going to guess the driver was going to fast and the implement started swaying, causing the tractor to jackknife.

Unfortunately, a 23 year old male can be known to go too fast for the conditions.

We’ve all done it in either a car or tractor.