Favorite Thanksgiving Recipe

/ Favorite Thanksgiving Recipe #21  
Don't get me wrong; I love my home state, but when I hear something like this, I'll have to admit, I do get a little bit jealous. Closest we get is a good old Rocky Mountain Oyster fry, which is pretty darn hard to beat also.
With the abundance of bull calves in Oklahoma, you can enjoy them year round. Most of us only have a Thanksgiving meal once a year. :D I have eaten Rocky Mountain Oysters several times during my life. You are correct in your assertion that they are hard to beat. They are as tender as any piece of tenderloin. :thumbsup:

/ Favorite Thanksgiving Recipe #22  
With the abundance of bull calves in Oklahoma, you can enjoy them year round. Most of us only have a Thanksgiving meal once a year. :D I have eaten Rocky Mountain Oysters several times during my life. You are correct in your assertion that they are hard to beat. They are as tender as any piece of tenderloin. :thumbsup:

The appetizer menu at The Big Texan in Amarillo says "Mountain Oysters if you think it's seafood go with the shrimp?:D And yes, they were very good; at least in 1994.:)

/ Favorite Thanksgiving Recipe
The appetizer menu at The Big Texan in Amarillo says "Mountain Oysters if you think it's seafood go with the shrimp?:D And yes, they were very good; at least in 1994.:)

Have eaten there several times; usually go for the steak though. :licking:

/ Favorite Thanksgiving Recipe #24  
My favorite Thanksgiving recipe:
Take
all your siblings,
your parents,
your children,
your grandchildren,
your friends,

Mix them all together,
add hugs, kisses and handshakes,
let sit for 5 or 6 hours,
add lots of love and lots of conversation,
and thank your God that it was all possible. :)

If the the greedy big retailers have their way, you're gonna have to substitute some of those ingredients.

They are starting to stay open on Thanksgiving, to get the shopping money before the traditional black Friday.

We're having 25 people over and at least a few of them either can't come or have to leave early/ come late due to work.
Haven't heard about anyone changing plans to go shopping on Thanksgiving yet :mad:

My favorite? Good ole stuffing, don't know the recipe but I know in our family there is sausage in it. Also sweet potatoes with the melted marshmallow topping :drool:

Turkey and gravey is OK too!

JB

/ Favorite Thanksgiving Recipe #25  
Take all your siblings, your parents, your children, your grandchildren, your friends,

Mix them all together, add hugs, kisses and handshakes, let sit for 5 or 6 hours, add lots of love and lots of conversation, and thank your God that it was all possible. :)

TallyHo8 WINS! That is the BEST recipie EVER!

My measley contribution follows... First, everything TallyHo8 said, plus...

1) Kentucky Cranberry Coolers - Tall glasses, lots of ice, plenty of good bourbon, good organic Cranberry Juice (I think we use Knudsen's in the glass bottles) and a small amount of either seltzer or preferred Sprite to give it bubbles and a tiny sweetness.

2) Giblet/drippings gravy. First I simmer all the giblets on low for hours while everything else is cooking. about 1 hour before dinner is done I chop some onion and saute it in either bacon grease or butter. I cool all the giblets for a while and strip all the meat off the neck and chop up select giblets (some of the liver is always saved for my MIL's Westie dogs) I add thast meat to the saute of onions. Then after a few minutes I add some fresh garlic. If I have time I make a cajun style roux, if not I use other methods for thickening. By this time the turkey is done adnI add the drippings to the pan and liquid if needed. very last step is I stir in some heavy cream just before I put it in the gravy boat (just long enough to warm it). My gravy is good enough, I get asked to make it at MIL and SIL's house when they host Thanksgiving. Life is BETTER with Gravy...

#3 - In the past i pre smoke flavored a turkey using my little Lurh Jensen electric smoker and it is a favorite. I wantto do the same now with my wood fired smoker...

Be well.
Be THANKFUL.
David

Last edited:
   / Favorite Thanksgiving Recipe #26  
My wife has a recipe for Italian sausage and mozzarella stuffing that is awesome...

My wife has a recipe for Italian sausage and mozzarella stuffing that is awesome...

Well???????????????

Hmm. Do we have the makin's of a TBN cookbook here?

/ Favorite Thanksgiving Recipe #28  
She has the recipe out on the counter... I'll have to type it in tonite.

A few of us have hinted at a cooking forum here on TBN over the years. There is one on the sister site Countrybynet

Cooking & More

FWIW, the "Cat's Meow" was a cookbook made by the crew at Homebrew Digest some years ago. Granted it is a beer cookbook, but it is cool. I have some recipes there.

Well???????????????

Hmm. Do we have the makin's of a TBN cookbook here?

She has the recipe out on the counter... I'll have to type it in tonite.

A few of us have hinted at a cooking forum here on TBN over the years. There is one on the sister site Countrybynet

Cooking & More

FWIW, the "Cat's Meow" was a cookbook made by the crew at Homebrew Digest some years ago. Granted it is a beer cookbook, but it is cool. I have some recipes there.

Some of the guys over on Chevytalk put one together a while back; some great proven recipes there, several of which I contributed, including my "He Man Beef Stew".

http://www2.nethop.net/~rednecks/cookbook/CTCookBook2009.pdf

Oh, BTW, thanks for the link to CBN.

/ Favorite Thanksgiving Recipe #30  
Take
all your siblings,
your parents,
your children,
your grandchildren,
your friends,

Mix them all together,
add hugs, kisses and handshakes,
let sit for 5 or 6 hours,
add lots of love and lots of conversation,
and thank your God that it was all possible. :)

and lots of good food! :)