Favorite threads lost forever?

/ Favorite threads lost forever? #1  

Henro

Tractor
Kubota B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini EX
I used to have a number of threads bookmarked as what I remember were called "Favorite threads" or something similar.

I have seen several posts that mentioned that the posters' favorites or bookmarks (forget the term used) we not working anymore.

I checked my subscribed threads and don't have any. I assume that subscribed threads in the new set up are what favorites were in the old.

Is this correct? Are my favorite threads lost forever? Or am I just to dumb to find where they are on my own??? I hope it is the latter...

Edit: Also noticd that my signature is not displaying correctly. I did not change it in any way. I think the smilies are not showing up for whatever reason...

/ Favorite threads lost forever? #2  
It seems that every bookmark that was saved in the IE6 "Favorites" no longer works. I agree, it's a shame as I also had dozens bookmarked.

/ Favorite threads lost forever? #3  
Yeah, the links were modified with the forum code update. I lost several also. I'll have to see if I can locate them using the forum search.

/ Favorite threads lost forever?
Just to clarify, I wasn't referring to favorites that are saved in my browser, but rather to favorite threads saved here at TBN, that were usable regardless of what browser I happened to be using, such as IE or Firefox...

/ Favorite threads lost forever? #7  
Just a quick follow-up on this issue.

We are going to attempt to import the favorite threads. We still have them all stored in the old database, so they haven't been wiped out or anything.

It's going to be extremely tricky if for any reason the parent thread numbers don't match up, but all hope is not lost.

Also, we are currently building the search index on this forum, which will allow for much more comprehensive searching than the old forum. It should be faster, too. ;)

/ Favorite threads lost forever? #8  
Yes!

That is really good news, Because some of those threads just had titles that did not relate to content. So, one could spend alot of time searching for stuff....

I applaud your efforts to date.

-Mike Z.