Front-End Loader Favorote Quick Attach FEL attachments???

/ Favorote Quick Attach FEL attachments??? #11  
Island, Unit is made by Virnig skid steer attachments. Try this Skid Steer Loader Attachments - Virnig Manufacturing, Inc.
comes in 3 sizes 26", 30", and 36". I have the 30".
I purchased mine from a local dealer, and I don't remember exact price but it was around $600 i think. I can look it up if your interested. Can't say enough about the fullness I have found for this one tool.:)

/ Favorote Quick Attach FEL attachments??? #12  
Island, Unit is made by Virnig skid steer attachments. Try this Skid Steer Loader Attachments - Virnig Manufacturing, Inc.
comes in 3 sizes 26", 30", and 36". I have the 30".
I purchased mine from a local dealer, and I don't remember exact price but it was around $600 i think. I can look it up if your interested. Can't say enough about the fullness I have found for this one tool.:)

Looks more useful than a stump bucket as the soil would not be compacted and the blade should cut smaller roots pretty effectively too. I'm wondering how it would do transplanting large overgrown blueberry bushes.

What is the lift capacity on your loader? Would you get that same 30" size again?

/ Favorote Quick Attach FEL attachments???
Dapper, that does look pretty useful!! More info, please! Since I don,t have forks, that may be more appealing than a Quick Spade. The "back hoe" I mentioned earlier is made by Markham and is shown on their website. Have no clue how well it works or how much it costs. We need to put some pipes (small ones, maybe 18 to 24" diameter) in drainages to build culverts for road crossings, (nothing fancy, just a place to drive 4-WD vehicles, tractors, or four wheelers across small creeks. Wonder if that would work for that. Of course a back hoe is what we need but I hate to rent and don't use one enough to fork out 10 grand for one to fit my Kubota.

/ Favorote Quick Attach FEL attachments??? #14  
Island, To me it is more useful that stump bucket. I can actually use both sides/end of the bucket and do all the time. Sometimes I want to dig by getting under with the fount tip of the bucket, and there are times when I am picking up large stones that the best way to use it is to go over the rock and pull backwards and tilt up at the same time. this slides the rock right into the bucket part and if it rolls out, it is away from the tractor. I use it a lot for digging overgrown plants that are in the wrong place. Just nose down into the plant, and forward and curl back and up it comes. Course you should dig the hole where you want to put the plant first. :p don't have to pick up the plant twice that way.
Lift capacity of my loader is about 2500#. I have no problem digging and picking up stones in the 1ton range, and moving to pile. One of the main reasons for my buying was to dig plants as you are thinking about. Works great. Only consideration I would have on buying again is if you are only using for digging plants, you may want to consider the smaller bucket. I some times find that I dig a pretty large hole when I am doing this. Depends on what your doing with it. I am satisfied with the 30" as it seems to be a good combination for what I do.
One last thing, my "CFO" says that I paid closer to the 1K figure for the blade. She would know as she signs the checks. :D I still consider it one of my better buys.

/ Favorote Quick Attach FEL attachments??? #15  
Thanks. I like the 30" version you have. My loader is about the same size. Wish your CFO was exaggerating though. I liked the six bills estimate better.

/ Favorote Quick Attach FEL attachments??? #16  
HCJ, Dang useful. Probably on my loader more than the bucket itself. I have seen several of the backhoe set ups, and they have their place, but if I was that serious about a backhoe, I think I would either spend the money for a 3ph model, or rent one.
As far as putting pipes in ditches, this thing is the berries. Makes a perfect round bottom trench. Best way to do this is to cut the trench with the u-blade, by lowering to depth needed, and driving forward. You can then take your regular bucket and just scoop out the spoils from the side. You can lift the spoils out of the ditch with u-blade, but I find it faster to cut the entire ditch at once and change to the standard bucket to remove. If the pipe is to heavy to roll into the ditch you can straddle the pipe, with the u-blade, and scoop it right up. Then place it in the ditch. Use your standard bucket to cover the pipe with and your done. Sounds harder that it actually is. I have done this successfully several times, and I have more to do when the snow melts.
I find that it is much easier to pick up large stones with this blade, as you have more control and can see the rock better. Let me know if there is anything else I can tell you.

/ Favorote Quick Attach FEL attachments??? #17  
Island, Might check for used. This thing built like a tank, and would be hard to hurt one. It is usually a landscape type of implement, and with times as they are might be able to snag one cheap. Several types available, this is just the one I have. I don’t think you will be sorry if you can find one. Good luck!

/ Favorote Quick Attach FEL attachments??? #18  
One attachment not mentioned here is the Hy-Reach Tree Shear. With it I can cut down small trees up to about 8 inches, plus on my Kubota L3130/LA723 I can reach up about 14 feet to trim/prune my trees. Also good for going after vines in the trees. The only problem is that I can cut/prune faster than I can burn it away. Haven't used it lately because of the dryness here - back in a burn ban again.

It is a toss up as to which I use more, the pallet forks or the bucket with grapple,

Vernon

/ Favorote Quick Attach FEL attachments??? #19  
my opinion is a 4n1 bucket is most useful

/ Favorote Quick Attach FEL attachments??? #20  
Before I learned that a JD 4100 can have additional hydraulics added to it. This was our solution for digging and trenching. Frame from scrap around the stockpile and the bucket was $37 at the local scrap yard. bucket.jpg