FD2050 Hydralic question

/ FD2050 Hydralic question #1  

tractorhacker

I have a Mits FD2050 I got less than a year ago. There is a screw off cap marked "OIL" on top of the housing the seat is mounted to. On inspection after removing the cap the hydralic oil seems to be less than 1/3 the way up this housing. The cap has no dip stick. I've read before in other forums about removing a bolt that is the fill level. The only bolt I see on this housing that seems right is only about 3 inched up from the bottom on the left side if you sit on the seat facing front. Is this the way to check the level? The hydralics work fine right now.

/ FD2050 Hydralic question #2  
That bolt is the fill plug. My 1850FD takes a little less that 3 gallons before it starts running out.

/ FD2050 Hydralic question
Sorry I'm new to this. So you take out the fill plug and add oil at the screw off cap that says "oil" till it runs out the fill plug? It just seemed like only three inches was not enough considering the housing is about 10 inches tall.

/ FD2050 Hydralic question #4  
The oil level plug is right next to your clutch pedal. It looks like a bolt head that has no purpose. Take it out and fill till oil runs out.

/ FD2050 Hydralic question
Thank You for the answer. It just didn't seem like much oil in there compared to the height of the housing.