Feedback on Toothbar on 61" Bucket

/ Feedback on Toothbar on 61" Bucket #21  
I can measure the inside of my bucket, but what is the width of the toothbar so I know if it will fit? I can always grind or weld if necessary, but it would be nice to "drop in"!

/ Feedback on Toothbar on 61" Bucket #22  
I can measure the inside of my bucket, but what is the width of the toothbar so I know if it will fit? I can always grind or weld if necessary, but it would be nice to "drop in"!

When you order the toothbar, you tell the manufacturer what your inside width measurement is (minus the fitting allowance you want).
They used to make them to order...I guess some, if not all manufacturers, still do.
People who get 'em too tight probably just tell the seller the inside width on their bucket...and that's what they get. Then they fight the installation.

You, mvanhaerents, probably have a 61" bucket (same as my 4400). You'll measure the inside width, subtract 3/8ths to 1/2 inch...that's the tooth bar width you'll want.

/ Feedback on Toothbar on 61" Bucket #23  
Roy, even the JD toothbar listed on the first page is made to order? I assumed since it has a JD part number that it was a standard item (not made to order).

Thanks,
Mike

/ Feedback on Toothbar on 61" Bucket #24  
Roy, even the JD toothbar listed on the first page is made to order? I assumed since it has a JD part number that it was a standard item (not made to order).

Thanks,
Mike

I have no idea about JD's tooth bar...bought mine aftermarket 11 years ago. Deere, to the best of my knowledge, wasn't selling them back then. I am sure Deere doesn't make them, BTW...probably sourced out to a supplier.

If you buy a JD tooth bar, and you intend to remove it (I install mine in the spring, remove it late Fall)...well, you want it a bit loose.