FEL adjustment?

/ FEL adjustment? #1  

bowhunter3030

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L4060hstc & Kubota B2601
Does the FEL arms have an adjustment on them? One arm is slightly ahead of the other, thus, the FEL is about one inch lower on one side when it is raised and when it hits the ground. Is there an adjustment to make it level?

/ FEL adjustment? #2  
I don't think so. I have the same loader and tractor and I can't see any adjustment at all. Two things (IMHO):

1- your loader frame is not correct
2- the parts of the loader that remain on the tractor (frame sides) have moved a bit. That's why after 50 hours all bolts should be retighten.

If you didn't use your loader improperly and if the loader was ok when new I can only imagine that the frame sides moved. I've never tried to remove those parts so I don't know for sure if a play is possible or if it is a very tight fit. But, if one side move backward and one forward, the consequences would be the same as you described.

/ FEL adjustment? #3  
When the arms are fully retracted or fully extended are the cylinder rods the same distance for both sides? If yes, then the frame has probably shifted, if not, then the cylinders would have to be recalibrated....which would probably require a trip to the dealer. The only way I could see to do this would involve disconnecting the hydraulic lines and moving the offending cylinder rod so that it matches up with the other. All IMHO...I'm certainly no expert.

....Tony

/ FEL adjustment? #4  
The cylinders will shelf equalize. There is nothing that the dealer can do to calibrate the cylinders. If they are not even, it will be because the frame is bent or not welded straight or bolted up right.

/ FEL adjustment? #6  
Mine B3030 had the same problem. It was the bracket that connects the 2 cradles together underneath the tractor. The bracket was aprox 1/8 " wider than the frame on the tractor. This caused the right side cradle arm to tilt up. The dealer removed the bracket and sent it to the machine shop. They removed 1/16" off each side. This made a big difference. I'll get a picture to post.

Attachments

• 704729-reduced Loader bracket.jpg
    704729-reduced Loader bracket.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 383
   / FEL adjustment? #7  
Good piece of information, Jerry. I ddn't realize that those cylinders would equalize on their own. It makes sense now that I think about it, otherwise theres a potential for binding problems. Just out of curiosity, do you know how they do that? Thanks.

...Tony

/ FEL adjustment?
Did you actually see a gap between the fel bracket (orange)cradle and the frame (grey)? I don't see a gap at all on mine. My dealer thinks that it is the fel bracket cradle on the driver's left side. It seams to have been welded on crooked. The other side is straight. He is suppossed to call Kubota and get back to me. Let me know if you saw a gap between those two parts. Thanks!

/ FEL adjustment? #9  
No gap. Mine looked like the arm was welded on crooked too until we removed the bracket. The oversized bracket is holding that arm out.