FEL bucket orientation indicator

/ FEL bucket orientation indicator #11  
The picture Mark posted of the 16LA loader level indicator is similar to what Woods uses on their loaders (or at least on my model 1012). I like it better than the "rod in tube" method. The tricky part may be in getting the bends just right so that it sits in the notch when the bucket is level.

/ FEL bucket orientation indicator
Mark, Thanks I got the idea now. The pic varified what I was interepting from the textual descriptions. Thanks for taking the pic and the quick response.

JohnS

/ FEL bucket orientation indicator #13  
John:
You'll find all the indicators in the world arn't as good as lots of seat time. Thats the only thing that will do it.

/ FEL bucket orientation indicator #14  
John Mc,

Its not that tricky to get the bend in the rod set to the correct position. Just get the bend close and then loosen the nuts on the u-bolt that holds the metal bracket and then slide the bracket to the correct position. Hopefully this makes sense, looking at Wood Dawg's first photo may clarify my explanation. I have this setup on a TC40D and even my 9 year old daughter gets the bucket level.

DaveV

/ FEL bucket orientation indicator
Agree, just trying to reduce the number of hours of seat time. My first couple attempts were pretty funny. I'd think I have a bunch of gravel in the bucket, but when I dumped it just a pail full of rocks came out! Glad I was off on a more secluded spot. Don't want my neighbor laughing so hard he might hurt himself /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

JohnS