FEL controls worn out

/ FEL controls worn out #1  

ewarthan

Tractor
MF 1030
MF 1030 compact with 1016 loader the toggle control is so worn cant get spool in up/down to do anything while the bucket curl still OK but takes some effort to get the toggle to pivot. Only has one toggle to control both functions. Forward and back control up/down while right/left control curl. 3 pt up and down works ok. This has been slowly become a problem over past yr. Should I look for replacement original or is it possible to install new unit with two toggles, need fittings to be the same.

/ FEL controls worn out #2  
I was able to rebuild the loader valve on a old Kubota 1200 loader. Parts were on longer available but it is back on the tractor and doing fine. Take it off and apart and see what wear items may need replacing. If it worked once you might be able to get it going again. Great deal of satisfaction.

/ FEL controls worn out #3  
I assume that by toggle you are referring to a joystick where a single lever operates both loader functions.
What I have seen for wear is up on the joystick end of the cables. The end of the cables probably have a plastic ball on them, this ball fits into a metal socket under the lever.
If the socket is made from a light metal like aluminum or pot metal they will wear and cause a lot of play, and you will not get enough travel to move the spool.
If this is the case the upper piece will need to be replaced.

/ FEL controls worn out #4  
On my Kubota B7100 I wore out three sets of control linkages. The actual hydraulic control valve was fine.

/ FEL controls worn out
Thanks for sage advice, don't think I can repair this, so great is the play I think the spool is travelling too far in the block. Name on outside of block is "Cross". Pretty sure it is the original. My "toggle" is a joystick which goes along 2 axes, forward back and right left. No cables or plastic, there is a triangular metal part with a metal ball that converts rightleft to forward back motion to move the second spool for curl. Any vendors with a 2 spool block with relief and float on the lift spool? Is Cross still in business?

/ FEL controls worn out #6  
Cross is a very common valve brand and parts are available.
You probably have the SBAF2 valve. Put that part number in the search box on this site: Online Parts Store
The control handle is part number 1V148502

/ FEL controls worn out
thanks dieselknudt, will pursue. Gotta figure out how to enable cookies on my browser to access the online store, calls for grandkid!

/ FEL controls worn out #8  
Before you get real carried away check out the linkage.

Note: not familiar with your tractor but with my Kubota B7100 I widened the traverse slot on the joy stick box so there was enough room to work the valve connects.

/ FEL controls worn out #9  
I have the same set up I think. My control valve sets on to of a trangle shaped piece and the contol handle has a ball on the end which go into the trangle shaped piece. The hole in the trangle shaped piece wore larger so I took mine off and marked the center and wrote down these measurements. I then welded the hole shut ground the plate flat and drilled a new hole. This hole does not go all the way thru and it worked like it did hen it was new