FEL drops if you try to lift and curl

/ FEL drops if you try to lift and curl #1  

jyelver

Tractor
Yanmar YM2310D
This is my first post and I tried searching to find someone with the same problem before I posted but couldn't so if this has already been discussed some where else please point me in the right direction.

I just purchased a Yanmar 2310D with a FEL and did not think to try to lift and curl the FEL at the same time when I checking it out before the purchase.
If you are lifting and you try to curl the bucket at the same time the loader will just drop as long as you do one or the other it is fine.
Anytime you try to operate the bucket while booming up or down it will just drop.
I thought something was wrong with the valve and replaced it with a Brand Hydraulics LV22RFSTKAB Joystick.
This new one does the same thing. 3pt works great everything works good except for that. Also I can not tell what brand the FEL is.
I want to get this fixed because this is dangerous. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

/ FEL drops if you try to lift and curl #2  
There is no obvious reason for the FEL to drop like that unless you are going into float.

Most valves will allow two spools operating at the same time.

Especially since you have installed a new valve.

Can you raise the booms and tilt up at the same time?

/ FEL drops if you try to lift and curl
I can not raise the boom and tilt the bucket simultaneously. As soon as I try to do anything with the bucket while booming up or down it is like it looses all pressure and drops immediately.

As long as you do one or the other it fine. It doesnt make sense to me either.

/ FEL drops if you try to lift and curl #4  
Do you know where your load checks are on the FEL valve? The load checks are designed to hold the load while shifting.

They are usually between the work ports.

Remove the hex nut and inspect the poppet and spring.

/ FEL drops if you try to lift and curl #5  
Might want to trace out your quick coupler lines to make sure they are not crossed up.

/ FEL drops if you try to lift and curl #6  
2 SPOOL COMPACT 10 GPM JOYSTICK CONTROL VALVE
manual
http://www.surpluscenter.com/_MoreSpecs/i9-7401.pdf

the valve may have some lettering on it...
P = pressure = inlet = hose coming from pump on tractor
T = tank = outlet = hose going to tank (were you check hyd oil)

you should see something like
A1, B1, A2, B2

a1 and b1 goto either FEL arms, or bucket (one or the other)
a2 and b2 goto either FEL arms or bucket (which ever one not of above)

the manual linked above, the diagram is funky, not sure if a's or b's are showing for piston end of hydraulic cylinders or cylinder end of hydraulic cylinders.

you joystick, shows a power beyond port, the hose that goes back to say rear remotes, or perhaps 3pt hitch (depends on tractor) is feed from the power beyond port.

/ FEL drops if you try to lift and curl #7  
jyelver,

Your new FEL valve is made by Brand

Did you ever solve your problem?

There are several things in the FEL valve that would make it descend on it's own.

A bad load check valve and being in the float mode.

A load check prevents the cyl from moving while shifting, and prevents the cyl fluid from returning to the IN port.

Bad seals on the cyl piston perhaps.

If two different valves did the same thing, I would be very surprised.

Are you still saying that the loader once raised, will drop on it's own.

Last edited:
   / FEL drops if you try to lift and curl
I have not solved the problem yet. My radiator busted and I have a new one order and it should be in by the end of the week. Once I get it I will be able to play with it again. The loader will raise up, go down and tilt the bucket but as soon as you try to tilt and boom up or down it just drops like it lost all pressure. Thanks for all the help so far. Once I get it operational again I will update.

/ FEL drops if you try to lift and curl #9  
Sounds like to me the boom is plumbed into the regen side of the valve. Recheck the hookup at the valve.

/ FEL drops if you try to lift and curl #10  
He has stated that the boom circuit works fine and the curl circuit works fine.

I think he is saying that if he tries to use both levers at the same time, the boom drops.

He is on his second valve.

I don't think he has crossed hoses as each spool works ok.

Don't know what would happen if he switched the IN port with the PB port.

I recommend that you recheck all the hoses for correct routing.

The pump hose from the hyd block should go to the IN port of the FEL valve.

The PB should go back to the hyd blk or to the back for the 3pt.

The spool with float should go to the lift cyl.

The curl spool work ports should go to the curl cyl.

The OUT hose should tee into the return hoses.