FEL Hose Makes No Sense To Me

/ FEL Hose Makes No Sense To Me #11  
Jerry, in your last attachment the hoses do look strained and they also look like they would be better routed between your tractor and the support beam rather than on the outside of the beam. Is there something I can't see? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ FEL Hose Makes No Sense To Me
Jim, placing the hoses on the inside or outside of the support beam each presents problems while attaching or in use. The control valve is on one side of the beam and the hoses attach to the loader on the other side. Sometimes I have to disconnect and reroute them in the middle of the removal process to get enough slack to back away. I have'nt figured out a fool-proof method yet.

/ FEL Hose Makes No Sense To Me
Jerry, the other end has a flare fitting. I figure the adapters that would be needed on each end would cost more than the new 'crimp-on' ends. I just wish I did'nt have to disconnect and transport the whole oily mess to the shop.

/ FEL Hose Makes No Sense To Me #14  
Those fittings are provided by New Holland.

/ FEL Hose Makes No Sense To Me #15  
On my TC29D, the 45's were threaded on. I just removed them and put the male tips back on the hoses. The hoses lay a lot nicer coming out straight, but I have to be careful. If the axle pivots way up and the tire is turned sharp right, it will hit the hoses. Looks like yours connects higher than on mine, so you shouldn't have that problem. It's a simple matter to whack off the ends and crimp new ones on. Probably about 6 bucks per. I work parts at a JD dealer and do it every day. One thing you might run into though. Hydraulic hoses and fittings are matched. In other words, the fitting has to be the proper size to crimp down on the hose. If the outside diameter of the hoses you take in aren't the same size as the hose the dealer uses to make new ones, he can't or SHOULDN'T try to crimp one of his fittings on your hose. There's a bundle of liability in a 2000 psi accident. The dealer will know this. I just mention it so you realize that he may not be able to do it. The hose we use is better quality and therefore larger OD than most OEM hoses, so many times we can't repair a lesser quality hose. Make sense?
Joel

/ FEL Hose Makes No Sense To Me #16  
My TN has three straight and one with a 45 degree. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Go figure....

But I agree the 45 is a pain, which I too would rather not have.

Fred