FEL Limitations

/ FEL Limitations #11  
All boils down to seat time, technique and what is on your FEL and how you are trying to use it. I have to adjust my thinking when I switch from my L4350 to the B7800 as to how large a log, rock or tree I am going to engage but the technique for me remains somewhat the same as I have the same attachment on both tractors. I don't need to use forks to loosen a pile of dirt and can engage a rock and remove when digging in a few moments.The same goes for debris encountered in the pile. There are times when my loader won't lift but that is because I have engaged too much, we all do. The HST on the B7800 is very handy because you can back out a tad until your loader starts to lift and re-engage the pile to fill the bucket if needed. A little harder to do with the shuttle because of the delay.

/ FEL Limitations #12  
re the FEL hydraulics, I would still check em out thoroughly, all good maintenance, but mostly it sounds like technique.
RB

/ FEL Limitations #13  
Hi Folks. question re the lifting capacity of a (my FEL). Was using my 5264 Montana on the weekend. Im building a new Garage (set into a hill so i have access to 2 levels) and I have +- 2,000 Tons of dirt, clay , topsoil in 5 large mounds.

Given that i need a variety of fill for several areas needing ladscaping around the new house, i set about moving bucket loads of it. (no Im not going to move it all with my Tractor...the contractor will take care of 99% of it)

1*I found that if i dug too deep & to low into the dirt mound and pulled up on th ejoy stick to raise the FEL, it just wouldnt go. If eased it out a bit, i could get a good bucket full with no trouble.

2*Am I asking too much to expect the FEL to push up on such a mass of dirt (ie it has its limits) ? or do I have Hydraulic issue ?. Once the bucket is loaded, i have no issues raising/lowering/tilting.

just need to know if I have a problem or if I just need to be more careful not to overload my hydraulics and Loader.
1*You trying to pick up the whole pile not just a bucket full with this approach.
2*Way way 2 much.

/ FEL Limitations #14  
LB.....That picture has got me laughing on the floor.!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Too freakin' funny.

/ FEL Limitations #15  
I found that if i dug too deep & to low into the dirt mound and pulled up on th ejoy stick to raise the FEL, it just wouldnt go. If eased it out a bit, i could get a good bucket full with no trouble.

Am I asking too much to expect the FEL to push up on such a mass of dirt (ie it has its limits) ? or do I have Hydraulic issue ?. Once the bucket is loaded, i have no issues raising/lowering/tilting.

just need to know if I have a problem or if I just need to be more careful not to overload my hydraulics and Loader.
At low heights the bucket moves forward as it rises ... so any pushing at the same time can be counter productive. In loose material it helps fill the bucket tho.
larry