FEL mounting pin blues

/ FEL mounting pin blues #1  

jam2004

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2230
I haven't used my LA 211 FEL in over a year. Yesterday and today, I tired like all heck to carefully insert it in the lower right side (through frame, then hydraulic cylinder that extends off the right side of the FEL, then through th frame again. It's been impossible thus far despite lubing the pin, lubing the hole. and hitting it with a hammer. It almost seems like it's slightly too large. I believe the pin is 4" long and 3/4" in diameter. The span it must cover is barely 4" but the diameter seems snugger than 3/4".

One more issue. I have two separate sets of instructions for mounting the FEL. One says to connect the mounting pins first then connect the hoses. The other says connect the hoses first, then connect the pins.

I converted from a 3 position valve to a 4 position valve to accommodate a snowblower, and now everything is different. PLEASE HELP!!!

/ FEL mounting pin blues #2  
First, see if the pin fits the individual parts. If it does then there is probably some misalignment somewhere. If the new 4 way valve was installed on the tractor without the loader, then I suspect that there is some misalignment between the loader, and the valve pedestal. You may have to loosen the mounting bolts on the pedestal, and then try to ease the loader in. Actually, one other possibility is dirt packed on the contact surfaces where the loader seats. I would clean that surface well with a wire brush. I've seen the service guys at my Kubota dealership have alignment problems with new loader installs, and you may need their help with an expansion reamer, or the tool they use to correct that situation.

/ FEL mounting pin blues #3  
I don't see how you could possibly put the pins in without hydraulic power.

/ FEL mounting pin blues
wushaw said:
I don't see how you could possibly put the pins in without hydraulic power.

I take it you're saying hoses first, then pins?

/ FEL mounting pin blues
ChuckinNH said:
First, see if the pin fits the individual parts. If it does then there is probably some misalignment somewhere. If the new 4 way valve was installed on the tractor without the loader, then I suspect that there is some misalignment between the loader, and the valve pedestal. You may have to loosen the mounting bolts on the pedestal, and then try to ease the loader in. Actually, one other possibility is dirt packed on the contact surfaces where the loader seats. I would clean that surface well with a wire brush. I've seen the service guys at my Kubota dealership have alignment problems with new loader installs, and you may need their help with an expansion reamer, or the tool they use to correct that situation.

Tried putting the pin through separately and it just barely made it with the help of a small mallet. Then, I needed to use a metal dowel to knock it free to try in the hydraulic cylinder hole. As for the pedestal, it's hole has not been tested yet. The hole that's taken nearly 5 hours to master is on the bottom and is part of the tractor's frame. I may have to investigate some of the other solutions you've provided. Thanks.