FEL question

/ FEL question #11  
OK, I guess my questions wern't answered but here is my guess assuming the Bushog loader is actually a good match for the tractor and is in proper shape---you have air in the lines!!!! Operate the loader and purge the air, it may require busting (loosening) a fitting to purge dead headed air from the cylinders. Good luck.
J

/ FEL question #12  
You say you have only used it twice. Two possible problems come to mind. If the the loader is new or has sat for an extended period of time, the o-rings that seal the control spool may be dry and will be a bit sticky. Try spraying some lube on the spools and work it a bit to lube them up. If that does not cure the problem, and it is a new loader, there is a good possibility that the spools or spool was improperly machined (which would'nt be a big suprise) I have seen alot of that lately. In which case a new valve assy. "should" cure the problem. You did'nt mention if you had to apply excessive force to the control handle or if you have full range of motion of the loader. Does the curl/dump function act the same way?

/ FEL question
In all operations the start is real fast and then slows down. If I grip the handle of the valve close to the base of it I can control it a little better. The other time I used it I was picking up mulch and didn't notice the quick response.
I think I will get a hold of my dealer and see if he has any solutions.

/ FEL question #14  
O.K. That sounds a little different. I'm not familiar with that brand of loader. But what you just described sounds like a possible plumbing problem. Hyd. system constantly running over relief, when you stroke the valve you get instant high pressure which then bleeds off due to the fluid finally having some place to go. If this is the case then your dealer needs to straighten out the problem or you will surely destroy the hyd. pump. Let us know how it goes. Just a thought before you send it in, physically check each quick coupler (if applicable) to make sure they are coupled. If the "power beyond" is not connected you could experience this problem. Depending on the valve design. Some "universal" valves have the closed center system option from the factory and if not set up for an open center hyd. sytem would cause what you have described. A good clue would be if your 3PH is working.

/ FEL question #15  
JHBurke,

Forgive me if my answer is too simplistic. I sometimes run my tractor at low rpm's (less than 1500) when I want to do something very precise. Hydraulic flow is much reduced and everything happens in slo-mo. If you don't need to lift anything real heavy this works great.

/ FEL question
Went to my dealer this morning. When I explained my situation, he said I needed a restrictor in my line. He said that when kubota upped the hydro pump this caused the problem. He said some units needed the restrictor and some didn't. He is going to get one made up for my unit and either when I take it in for 100 hr maintenance or when he is in town he will put it on.

/ FEL question #17  
Hey. I think what he means by "works very abruptly" is the fact that the controls (joystick/valve) on this loader are very difficult to operate smoothly. I have the same loader on at New Holland TC29, and the controls are WAY too touchy. It's almost like they are toggle switches, rather than valves! It is almost IMPOSSIBLE to operate the boom up/down control while the tractor is in motion. Even with the tractor not moving, it takes a very delicate, concentrated effort to operate it smoothly. Especially going down. It will drop like a rock with the slightest touch. When it drops like that, the entire tractor jerks, causing you to push the control stick even harder. Then when you try to back off the stick, the loader stops almost instantly, causing to you to jerk the stick again. This causes a "chain reaction" of rapid starts & stops that reminds me of watching a new driver trying to learn how to drive a straight shift truck. It helps to hold the control stick at the base and rest your palm against the valve mount, which cuts down on that uncontrollable push-pull motion. It's sensitive like that even empty, and a full bucket just makes the problem worse. The icing on the cake is that the lift capacity of the loader is a joke. It's gutless. Needless to say, I am in the market for a new loader, and I doubt it will be a Bush Hog product.

/ FEL question #18  
Does the B7500 have a hydraulics speed adjustment? Larger tractors have this adjustment, maybe the speed is turned up?

Last edited:
   / FEL question #19  
As others have said, when the lift or the drop is sort of critical, i drop the rpm's down and I've noticed that I have better control if I use two hands on the stick.....but heck, I'm 81 now.