FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together

/ FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together
Cool build, how much can you lift?

I struggle with anything much over a hundred pounds.:D

The biggest thing with the TORO is a log that I weighed on the platform scales at 805 pounds. It will lift 300 pounds with no extra counter weight on the back.

640 lbs. of concrete.
P6270006.JPGP6270002.JPG

The big cottonwood tree trunk, on the brush fork. Notice one extra suitcase weight on the back.
P7240003.JPGP7240006.JPGP7240007.JPG

/ FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together #22  
How difficult is it for you to climb on and off the rig due to the loader frame?

How difficult is it for you to climb on and off the rig due to the loader frame?

Not very difficult, since the seat is offset to the left side. You climb in just like a skid steer.
If the arms are down, step on the bucket, or fork frame, grab the arms and step on the TORO frame on the right side, then grab the steering wheel and slide into the seat. If the arms are up enough to duck under, just step on the TORO frame on the right side, grab the steering wheel and slide into the seat.

The first two pictures show the seat offset.
P6271761.JPGP8171919.JPGP8171931.JPGP8181939.JPG

/ FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together #24  
Thanks for the reply. Since the seat is slightly offset to the left, you could always try and find an old Mack DM-400/600/800 badge to add to the rig. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply. Since the seat is slightly offset to the left, you could always try and find an old Mack DM-400/600/800 badge to add to the rig. :thumbsup:

Yep, I remember those, with the narrow cab and the big air cleaner on the right.

/ FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together #26  
The cab was the same 2-man width as the "R" series primarily meant for over the road applications; but the "DM" series had the cab offset to the left for better visibility according to Mack. Yep, they usually had a large can air cleaner on the right side, and I seem to recall the inlet was at the end of a long pipe placing it around the roof line. They were cool looking trucks.

/ FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together #27  
What model was it that had the skinny cab that was offset? There is a steel company around here who runs at least one straight truck that has a skinny one man cab that is slightly offset to the left. They run long steel past the sides of the cab.

Aaron Z

/ FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together #28  
If the cab is real boxy, it could be a CCC (Crane Carrier Corporation). Or maybe it's a modified yardbird tractor. IH had a one-man cab variant of the Loadstar back in the 70's but the cab was centered.

If you can snap a picture, we can guess better.

Some pictures taken 6-14-2009, using the brush fork and a deckover 8 x 16 trailer.

Loaded the trees on the trailer, then hooked on and pulled it to the brush pile, unhooked and unloaded it with the TORO.

P6140001.JPGP6140004.JPGP6140005.JPGP6140006.JPGP6140007.JPGP6140010.JPG

/ FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together #30  
Some pictures taken 6-14-2009, using the brush fork and a deckover 8 x 16 trailer.

Loaded the trees on the trailer, then hooked on and pulled it to the brush pile, unhooked and unloaded it with the TORO.

View attachment 306699View attachment 306700View attachment 306701View attachment 306702View attachment 306703View attachment 306704
OK.............I just gotta ask.

In every picture, you are hooked to the trailer. Watcha doin, flipping the brush over your head onto the trailer???:laughing: