FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together

/ FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together
Pictures from when I got back from town today, about 12:30 PM. The big trunk burned in two overnight and the small trunk is a lot smaller:

P7120043.JPG

P7120044.JPG

Put the three pieces together:

P7120046.JPG

Put some kindling on top:

P7120048.JPG

P7120049.JPG

Will check later to see what is left.

Edit: This is left at 3:49 PM, pushed them together so they would burn some more:

P7120050.JPG

Last edited:
Went out last night at 5:14 PM, had three smoldering pieces, pushed them together:

P7120052.JPG

P7120053.JPG

Today about noon all gone. :thumbsup:

P7130056.JPG

/ FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together #83  
Nicely done. I like the detail of the story.
How long had all that wood been drying?

/ FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together #85  
Ever thought about putting a 3pt lilft on the back of this? Shouldn't be too hard and you'd be able to make a weight box and carry a lot more weight in the back for counter balance.

Andrew C.

Nope, don't need a 3pt on it.

This is what I used in the receiver hitch last time I needed more weight:

P2190024.JPG

P2190021.JPG

And I use this if not much extra weight is needed:

P6090004.JPG

/ FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together #87  
Yeah saw that... Nice. Wasn't sure if you would need more than that at all.

/ FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together #88  
The same way I learned it's not a good idea to drive up to the mower deck when reattaching when the pto shaft guard is broken and snags the go pedal linkage and propels you into your table saw and slide it half way across the garage floor before hitting the stop button! This was a reply to you adding the guard to the go pedal.

/ FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together #89  
The same way I learned it's not a good idea to drive up to the mower deck when reattaching when the pto shaft guard is broken and snags the go pedal linkage and propels you into your table saw and slide it half way across the garage floor before hitting the stop button!

I have a 1996 Toro Groundsmaster 223D. and have been trying to figure out a way to drive up eo the deck to connect it.

The main issue is getting the drive shaft lined up. What do others do?

The John Deere 400 has a quick connect coupler on the end of the slider. You slide the deck in and slide the coupler on. Pretty easy.

Am I missing something on the Toro's?

/ FEL, TORO Groundsmaster Put Together #90  
I have a 1996 Toro Groundsmaster 223D. and have been trying to figure out a way to drive up eo the deck to connect it.

The main issue is getting the drive shaft lined up. What do others do?

The John Deere 400 has a quick connect coupler on the end of the slider. You slide the deck in and slide the coupler on. Pretty easy.

Am I missing something on the Toro's?
unfortunately you're not missing anything but it's not that tough to hold piece from the deck up and turn it a little till they line up and then roll the deck closer engaging the pto shaft. And like I found out you're much safer pushing the deck to the mower then driving too close. :0