Mid-Mount Mower FEL with a mid-mount mower???

/ FEL with a mid-mount mower??? #11  
I agree; need a picture or drawing /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. I've tried to come up with something like that but couldn't think how to drive on, disconnect the mower, the drive off.

<font color=green>mark</font color=green>
markcg_sig.gif

/ FEL with a mid-mount mower??? #12  
OK, I have traded the 855 on on a 4300, still have the ramps so I'll need your help to visulize the mower deck.

Attachments

• 5-30576-Mvc-019f.jpg
    5-30576-Mvc-019f.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 85
   / FEL with a mid-mount mower??? #13  
my ramp is 6" wide, the width as the front tire. ramp frame made out of 1"sq steel and cross bars are 1/2" rebar every 4".
I made this to fit a 755 with a 60" deck, it just fits over the deck, height and lenth. ramps are tight getting in and out but it works with practic. the angled legs can only go as far as your tires are apart. the 855 is 6" longer frame so it work real nice, enough room to get it in place.
direction's to unhook-
put mower on the ground
unhook PTO & all linkage
place ramps in place
you will need 4x4 lock in
back off
your free & gone
I hope this makes sence
DDT

Attachments

• 5-30578-Mvc-018f.jpg
    5-30578-Mvc-018f.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 92
   / FEL with a mid-mount mower???
DDT,

Let me paraphrase to ensure I understand...You are lowering and unhooking your mower so it is laying free on the ground. You are then placing your ramps over top of the mower, then backing up onto the ramp (basically on top of the mower) and then off the back of the ramp leaving your mower sitting on the ground with the ramps over it.

Is that correct??

Kevin

/ FEL with a mid-mount mower??? #15  
Unfortunately, my financial advisor has indicated budget constraits will force reconsideration of the FEL acquisition at this time (my wife said: "you want to buy what for how much?").

A couple of things have changed my focus at the moment. We just had to have the well/pump pulled and a new submersible pump installed. It was interesting not having running water for 24 hrs. Anyway, almost $2,000 later, we have water again, new well pipe, and a new pump at the bottom of our 250' well. And with two kids in college and another due to head that way in a year and a half, I understand her concern over finances and didn't feel the time was right to push the issue , although there just has to be a way. Some how, some where.

I was ready to get a Woods quick attach loader for the B7100. Kubota dealer had one in stock and could do the install in 2 days. $2,615 installed, taxes, pick up and return. He said they would do the exhaust stack for me either way. I don't mind the horizontal exhaust, so I was going to leave it that way.

Anyway, thanks for asking. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Bob Pence

/ FEL with a mid-mount mower??? #16  
Kevin
You are right!
I did find out that R-4's work better than turf's for crawling the ramp.
DDT

/ FEL with a mid-mount mower??? #17  
RBrown,ronihall, We also have B2710 with 72" mid-mount,and loader. Our mower deck is the same one we used on our B2150.I have always driven over this deck to hook/unhook.MUCH easier and quicker than raising the tractor up with the loader.You want to raise all the gauge wheels all the up,this lets the deck lower to the ground[always do this on turf or gravel] unhook the pins,raise your lift up out of the way,back front tires up on top deck[I use some 2by6 blocks to help tires up onto deck] when the tractor is on top of the deck,I then unhook driveshaft,then finish backing off the deck.After doing this a few times,it's a very easy task.I don't like to climb over the deck with the FEL on the tractor,that puts a lot weight on the deck,but the deck is designed to easily handle the weight of the front end of the tractor.This is an easier process for ME,can't say it would be for anyone else,until they try it.