FEL

/ FEL #1  

Trainer

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson 220-4
Not sure if this should be in the Kubota section or general section. I am looking around for a new tractor. I looked at a Kubota L4400 with an Ansung 4044 loader. The way the FEL was attached to tractor caused me some concern. The loader is attached to the center of the tractor. Not to the center and rear end or center and front end. It looks like this single point of attachment will put a lot of torque on the transmission and engine. I am thinking of 10 years down the road. Will this give me problems? Have not looked at other tractors to see how the FEL is attached. They may all be the same. My older MF has the loader attached to the center, rear end, and front end. Most older tractors had the loader attached in at least two places.

Will this single location attachment cause problems with excessive torque on the tractor?

/ FEL #2  
On some of the larger tractors, it isn't a problem and several manufactures are going to a mid only mount. As far as using it on a compact tractor goes, I have never seen a compact that I would chance with a mid mount only. Their housings are just not designed for that much stress.

/ FEL #3  
JerryG said:
On some of the larger tractors, it isn't a problem and several manufactures are going to a mid only mount. As far as using it on a compact tractor goes, I have never seen a compact that I would chance with a mid mount only. Their housings are just not designed for that much stress.

I could not agree more.

The Koyker loaders I sell on the Jinma tractors has a brace tieing into the rear axle housing. A lot stronger set up.... I think.

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply

/ FEL #4  
The L4400 is almost in the utility tractor class at 45 hp. The LA703 loader made by Kubota for the L4400 has bracing that runs from the mid mount to the rear axle. I would not buy a loader for the L4400 that did not have the rear bracing.

/ FEL #5  
I would think that something as primary as a FEL would certainly be a focal point for the design engineers. If it were not up to the task, that would create a huge headache for Kubota or any of the other major manufacturers or implement makers. Sometimes I think my ROPS seems a little flimsy, but, I guess I have to trust the folks that built it. Like an old college professor used to say " for the first lunar mission they didn't just sorta point it at the moon and say yeah, I think it'll go"

/ FEL #6  
<DISCLAIMER> I know that there are numerous 3rd party attachment vendors, and I have a Woods backhoe for my tractor so I'm not suggesting that you should always buy everything branded by the tractor manufacturer. </DISCLAIMER>

Having said that, is there any reason not to buy a Kubota loader for a Kubota tractor? The only thing that comes quickly to mind is price, but for a FEL I'm not sure that saving $$$ is worth it. I guess that there are specialized features that might be a factor, come to think of it...