Fence controller

/ Fence controller
My energizer is in the barn and I have run insulated electric fence cable (mostly buried shallowly) out to the pasture fence. As long as you don't crack the insulation when burying it, it works well.
Last year I set up a small, remote paddock with battery-powered energizer and solar array charger. Sadly, somebody stole everything but the ground rod and the paddock fence itself! This at the same time all the hitch pins from my parked implements, plus my wood chipper PTO shaft disappeared.
An expensive solar array fence energizer would be the best solution (IMHO) for your situation, but it might also be a big temptation for thievery, especially if it is left at an unattended site for long periods.
I hate hearing stories like that, but we have been fortunate not to have any issues with theft. I put up some cameras a few years ago and have never had to check for intruders. We keep a vehicle out front and move it around once per week so it appears someone lives there. I'm waiting on the night that I get an alert on my phone that our polaris ranger has been tampered with and then I'll be in route to follow the gps tracker. Unfortunately, it's only a matter of time before the wrong person rides by and sees someone riding it in the pasture. The gps is a real peace of mind.

/ Fence controller #23  
I had a similar situation. The pasture too far away from the house. I've looked up different options, and took the 12 Volt Parmak charger.
Reviews on the Internet stated, users run them over month on one charged battery.
Since I have a charged battery sitting in my basement, hooked up the 12 V backup sump pump, which is as much as never used, I decided to swap them out from time to time. This saving me the expense for the solar system and I'm still independent on the power supply. Think about power outages.
I finished my fence about two month ago and put power on it right away to protect it from damage through wildlife. We have bears and all kind of heavy stuff roaming around which could take down a non charged fence easily. I didn't have any damage done to it and as of last week it's keeping the cattle under control. It's still clicking with the first charge of battery.

/ Fence controller
The only power outages I think about are when the battery goes dead and I get to the farm at least once per week. I hate knowing that I might have to pick up that heavy battery and go charge it and then hook it back up. Plus the heat is horrible on the battery along with letting it go dead. Figure battery life is decreased substantially. I could buy solar chargers and build a cover, but I'd rather just buy the ac controller and run the ext cord and never have to worry again. Plus it's much easier to disconnect by unplugging rather than going all the way to the end of the garden and unhooking the battery. I'm gonna hook up the ac controller in the morning. I hope it works. I plan on using my 12v charger to cover a soybean plot this year. The amp draw on the controller is only 8. I think I'll be ok

/ Fence controller #25  
Kencove Fence Energizer 13 Joule

This is the one I have with the remote. its nice when you have to work on the fence and don't have to go all the way back to the barn to turn off the energizer. I'm running 5 strand hi-tensile over 15 acres. Might be a little overkill for what your doing though.

Rust

/ Fence controller
I'm getting 12k on the line with the extension cord. Seems to be working fine