Fence post types

/ Fence post types
here's your link Wedge-Loc™ Corner/InLine Brace Set - Tractor Supply Co. I've tried them...not a one is still in place...under pressure, and not much at that, they twist and get out of alignment. The slip over parts bend and are hard to deal with. My net, a waste of money and time. Their benefit...they go in fast and you might consider them an emergency fence while needing time to rebuild a fence....IMHO, if you were going to leave the fence in place more than 4 months...bad idea.

I appreciate you taking the time to find the link for me.

/ Fence post types #32  
Another good idea I use on wooden post, at a minimum, I will cut an angle and then paint or oil the top to keep water out. I have also use tin cut to cover the top, but it is a bit more time consuming.

I use roofing tar and also coat the end in contact with the ground, coming up on 15 years.. I have also heard of used motor oil soaking back in the day

/ Fence post types #33  
Long ago we mixed a product with used motor oil to soak our post ends. Can't remember its name but do remember having to wear rubber gloves. The motor oil mix had the ability to raise blisters on your skin and was carcinogenic. It protected the posts well but i wonder about its effect on the environment.

/ Fence post types #34  
Long ago we mixed a product with used motor oil to soak our post ends. Can't remember its name but do remember having to wear rubber gloves. The motor oil mix had the ability to raise blisters on your skin and was carcinogenic. It protected the posts well but i wonder about its effect on the environment.

Wow, I bet. You are in downwinder/hanford area, was it plutonium based?

/ Fence post types #35  
Ha,ha - no, I think it was some kind of penta product. I've always hoped I was far enough away from that mess at Hanford and last time I was outside under the stars, I didn't glow - not even a little bit.:laughing: