fence unroller/stretcher

/ fence unroller/stretcher #12  
Rowdius, that looks exactly like what I have to do -- except my old fence is in much worst shape, and my goats are black not brown. Do they eat the shingles off the side of the house when they come to visit?

If I could do 200 feet a day I'd be thrilled. What kind of woven fence are you using? Is that the redbrand from TSC?

/ fence unroller/stretcher
quicksandfarmer said:
Rowdius, that looks exactly like what I have to do -- except my old fence is in much worst shape, and my goats are black not brown. Do they eat the shingles off the side of the house when they come to visit?

If I could do 200 feet a day I'd be thrilled. What kind of woven fence are you using? Is that the redbrand from TSC?

No, but the last time they came up, they grazed down all the rye grass in the yard, keeping me from having to mow until spring.

Yes, it is Redbrand. I've had good luck with them in the past, but this time I am having to go with the lower end of Redbrand, which worries me... but we'll give it a try. It's $125 for a twenty rod roll.

/ fence unroller/stretcher #14  
Buncha cheaters! One of those setups would have been nice. I've unrolled and stretched 7 - 100' rolls of 5' tall, 2"x4" opening heavy duty horse fencing to keep our sled dogs in the yard. That stuff weighs a ton! Took 3 guys to get the rolls it into my truck when I bought it, and I had to unload it myself. My wife wanted me to put up more fencing, but I told her I wasn't doing another 600' by hand. I guess I could tell her about this rig after I get my tractor.

I have one more roll to unroll & stretch this weekend. It's even more fun struggling with it in the snow. Had to shovel out the fence line to get the last 3 rolls installed. Ended up dragging some of the rolls to their starting point on a sled. And of course, there isn't a flat area anywhere along the fence line.
Had our 16 year old help me get 2 rolls up, and you'd think I was asking him to help me move 10,000 lb concrete blocks. I had to keep reminding him as he's grunting away and not doing much, that I've done 5 rolls all by myself.
Kids today. :D

/ fence unroller/stretcher #15  
I made one based on this one I saw at my brother's place.

Here is mine.
Some construction details:

Finished
[

Mine tightens with 2 levers. Works pretty good. I tore it up a little backing sideways into a tight spot to apply tension. Broke a weld and twisted it to the side. Fixed it last weekend. I've stretched about 3500 feet of goat fence so far.

/ fence unroller/stretcher #16  
Nice!

soundguy