Ferguson tractor?

/ Ferguson tractor? #1  

Rowski

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 New Holland TN70DA with 32LC loader, 2000 New Holland 2120 with Curtis cab, 7309 loader
A good friend of mine has a 1950 Ferguson model# T030 Serial# T0-77616.

What is the value of the tractor? I'm kinda looking for ball park, $500, $1000, $2000, etc. It's in good working order, with newer rubber, runs and drives great.

Where can he (if possible) get parts (internet)? Needs an exhaust manifold, has been fixed a few times, needs to be replaced now.

Derek

/ Ferguson tractor? #2  
Derek,

In my area (I'm in MS) the tractor would probably advertise for about $2500, considering that you say it runs and drives fine and the hydraulics are ok. If the appearance is above average, it could go for more. These tractors have a reputation for simplicity and durability and the price just keeps going up on them.

/ Ferguson tractor? #3  
I could be wrong, but I'm thinking I read somewhere that the TO-30 was introduced in 1951. There is a long time MF dealer in a small town about 25 miles from me, so there are plenty of Fergies around here including the TO-20s and 30s. There are plenty of them still in use, so I conclude parts must be available. Prices on the TO-20s or TO-30s usually run between $2,000. and $3,000. depending on the condition.
ErnieB

/ Ferguson tractor? #4  
Derek,
There tractor repairing & service located in Randolph,VT that migh beable to help.

Farm-All-Fix
Hyde Hill Road
Randolph,VT.
(802)728-3390
1-(802)295-0045

Maybe just maybe L.W.Greenwood might beable to help.

L.W.Grenwood & Sons
East Randolph,VT 05041

Parts Dept: (802)728-5103
Fax: (802)728-9886
Email: Iwg@sover.net

Hope this helps.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Ferguson tractor? #5  
My technician and her husband just bought a Ferguson 30, and paid $4000 for it with a few accessories, in slightly rusted but good condition. Parts are no problem at tractor stores (maybe Ford) or all over the 'net. Check out yesterdays tractors online at ytmag.com

/ Ferguson tractor?
Thanks for everyone’s help

Gene, That thing is really simple. Put a new set of points in it (old ones were about 10 years old), fresh gas, started right up and purred like a kitten. Must be durable if it fifty years old!

ErnieB, I’m not sure of the year. This thing was around 20 years before I was even thought of!

Thomas, Thanks I will try those leads in Randolph. It would be nice to go back to Randolph, went to VTC for three years.

Paul, My friend told me he bought this tractor in the late 60’s for $1400 with a blade, brush hog, tire chains, and a wood trailer. All he has done to it is service and new rubber! Not bad keeping a tractor for 30 years, selling it and making a healthy profit after your operating costs (hopefully). I’ll check out the link.

Derek

P.S. My friend says thanks too.

/ Ferguson tractor? #7  
Hi Rowski! I had a TO-30 of the same vintage that I sold before I bought my Cub Cadet in 1999. It had a front end loader with an old trip-dump manure bucket. It lived a rough life for many years. I sold it for $2500, and I could have sold several more for that price if I'd had them...
I never had a problem gettings parts for it from Wimble and Sons Massey Ferguson in Georgia, Vt. I believe they have in stock just about anything you might need for it, and they are real good to deal with.

/ Ferguson tractor?
Thanks Corm. Seeing your close by, do you know anybody that is looking for one? This tractor is in Johnson VT. My freind is looking to sell and get 4wd and a loader. The Massey dealer, is he on route 104A? That Cub must be a dream compared to the TO-30! But I bet that TO-30 was better than a wheelbarrow or shovel!

Derek

/ Ferguson tractor? #9  
Yes, Wimble and Sons is located on Route 104A, just about 1/2 mile from the Georgia exit on I-89. My T0-30, as well as the TO-20, and the Ford 9N I had were all good tractors, but you are right, my Cub is a dream compared to them.
I'll ask around to see if anyone I know is interested in a TO-30, and will let you know if I find someone that is.
Side note - I was up in your neck of the woods today riding my Harley, taking advantage of a rare 70 degree day in Oct. What a day!
Corm

/ Ferguson tractor?
Beutiful day! When I got up this morning the temp was 38 dergrees. Calling for snow on Sunday. May have been the last "nice" day. Although another one would be a bonus!

Thanks for the help.

Derek