Ferris IS 3000

/ Ferris IS 3000 #1  

Supergoub

Tractor
Ferris IS3000
I have a ferris IS 3000 it stopped running I found the 2 wires going to the clutch were rubbing ,causing the coating to wear off.I repaired that and my mower still will not start. Any Suggestions?

/ Ferris IS 3000 #3  
Wow. It could be lots of stuff.

Have you checked all the safety switches to be sure those aren't the issue. If you turn the key and get nothing, the safety switches are likely candidates.

I think you will need to provide lots more information before people can really help.

Good luck.

MoKelly

/ Ferris IS 3000 #4  
I would start looking at the safety micro-switches. You have so many it is going to be painstaking to find. There is one on each of the steering controls, PTO, seat and parking brake. Any of which that are damaged wont allow it to crank. Make a jumper and start jumping each of them and try to start it. Keep in mind that it may be more than one damaged.

/ Ferris IS 3000 #5  
If the safety switches are 4 wire switches, he will have to know which side of the switch is open and which side is closed when he tries to start it. This knowledge will direct him as to where to install the jumper..
Get in the seat , open the control arms all the way, turn the pto switch off, pull the parking brake on, try to start it.

/ Ferris IS 3000 #6  
If it is set up like my Deere, there are inline fuses to almost all the switches. Never had a switch fail but have changed a lot of fuses ( changed one yesterday in fact). Some of Deere's fuses are easily identified/standard blade type and some simply look like a "box" and may be hard to identify as a fuse if not familiar with them.

/ Ferris IS 3000 #7  
We have a Ferris IS 3000 lawnmower that keeps throwing its deck belt. We have had it in to be repaired many times, but the problem keeps occurring. We believe that the pulley in the back is not wide enough and it slips off. Does anyone know the name of that pulley and its dimensions? Or, has anyone had this problem and had it corrected?