Spreader Fertilizer Spreader BX 2200???

/ Fertilizer Spreader BX 2200??? #21  
Can you use it for sand or is that to heavy/abrasive?

/ Fertilizer Spreader BX 2200??? #22  
140 pounds. I am trying to look at my packing slip and really can't read the shipping weight on it but I think it says 62lbs. I have also looked on the web site for herdseeder but it doesn't say how much it weighs.

Now I am 6'1" and weigh around 250. Am I fat for 46, I would say so, but I have also had a few babes tell me I wear it well. But why would anybody want to drag something that weighs 140lbs in and out of my low ceiling shed that the tractor doesn't fit it when I can do it with something that weighs 62 pounds. If you want to throw 140lbs around, go for it. Im just lazy, I will do the 62. I bought my CUT and implements to make things easier.

murph

/ Fertilizer Spreader BX 2200??? #23  
"Now I am 6'1" and weigh around 250. Am I fat for 46, I would say so, but I have also had a few babes tell me I wear it well."
Apparently babes like fat men /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif and I guess that explains my problem /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. As to the spreader, those pics above look way to big for a BX or small compact. I think those are about twice the size of the small Herd unit (An extension is available to increase it's capacity). Why aren't more small implements made for all the small tractors that are being sold?

/ Fertilizer Spreader BX 2200??? #24  
Tres,

I agree with you on the smaller implements. Manufactures have tried to make an item work on many different tractors. Yes I have gotten up there in years and that is exactly why I like things light. I just couldn't imagine throwing 140lb spreeder around. Yes if I let the spreeder outside or could back in my shed it may be a different story. Yes I can lift 140lbs. But why? It just seems stupid for me. Yes some young guy, but even some day he will think the same. Look at Henro, with them two mugs of beer, he could probably carry the two mugs and the 140lb spreeder. Then again he may just fill the spreeder up with beer and drink from the spreeder. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As far as the extension, I didn't get it. I can do two acres with stopping once and filling it up again. The big guys can't do it one fill so why should I.

Murph

/ Fertilizer Spreader BX 2200??? #25  
Tom,

I've got a BX2200 also and really enjoy it. I recently ordered a rather large PTO powered fertilizer spreader from Agri Supply. After delivery, I thought WOW...that's bigger than I thought. However I pushed it up behind my BX and hooked it up. I had to shorten the drive shaft as well as build a shorter top link (I'm guessing maybe 10"). Got it all hooked up and it works fine.

After admiring it for a while, I decided to install some wheels on the spreader. I did a little measuring and located the mounting points for the 4 wheels. Now all I have to do is roll the spreader up to the back of the tractor, attach the arms, top link and PTO and I'm in business. Didn't have to lift anything. So, I really don't care if the spreader weighs 62 lbs. or 250 lbs. all I do is roll it around. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

If you'd like pictures, let me know and as soon as it warms up just a little bit, I'll install the spreader, shoot some pictures and post em'.

/ Fertilizer Spreader BX 2200??? #26  
Danny,

Yes post the pictures. I love looking at nifty ideas. I guess I would have never thought of that. And it would make a 140lb spreeder move easy.

Murph

/ Fertilizer Spreader BX 2200??? #27  
That price you're being quoted on the Herd is interesting as I bought mine new for somewhere under $400. (Don't recall the exact amount as it was three years ago)

/ Fertilizer Spreader BX 2200??? #28  
Another option is the pull type spreaders. I have knowledge that Sweet Tractors stocks them.

/ Fertilizer Spreader BX 2200??? #29  
Jbecker,

I paid $350.00 for mine and that included shipping. I got mine last spring some time.

As far as pull types I think they are more expensive and not as flexible when you only have two acres. If I had a larger lot I guess I would seriously look into one.

Murph

/ Fertilizer Spreader BX 2200??? #30  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( )</font> How does that flex shaft work? Just cuious. The TSC around here only have units that are way to big for a BX or even 2410.
All this farm stuff is overpriced. J </font><font color="blue" class="small">( )</font>

I'm surprised At TSC.. everyone I talk to says there store doesn't have them.. whereas both the local stores in my area have them.. just goes to show wy some outfits struggle to make money.... insufficient stock supplied to incirrect stores to fulfill demand...

Anyway, the 'shaft' looks like a peice of 2 or 4 wire hyd hose with crimp on endsas an outter sheath, with a seperate multijointed shaft on the inside. Pto coupler was not splined.. just a hollow smooth hub of 1 3/8 to go over the tractor pto shaft.. then uses an allen headed set screw to torque it down.

Soundguy