Few things...FEL Dolly, Forks F&R, 3pt hitch

/ Few things...FEL Dolly, Forks F&R, 3pt hitch #1  

Zick

Platinum Member
Tractor
BX 2350
Here are just a few things I've built that have worked out really well.

The first is actually an idea I stole from my neighbor. The front forks have worked very well and are super easy to put on and take off, plus they don't weight much.
I actually made these probably a couple years ago, just never got around to taking any pictures of them till recently.

IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0171.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

Here is the dolly that I made last fall. Sure beats pushing the FEL around on the floor by hand. :cool:

IMAG0169.jpg

IMAG0173.jpg

IMAG0174.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

This isn't 100% finished yet but I've always been thinking about making a set of rear forks because of the weight limit restriction the front has. I was just about to make another pair of forks when I thought, why don't I just use the front forks for the back. So I looked through my scrap pile and threw this together.
Took a little bit to figure out the placement of the top connector to make sure that when it raises, it stays level.

Now since the forks stand up on their own, I can just back right into them and pick them up.

The extra angle iron welded onto the forks was just done after making the rear hitch. That was because the forks had a hold drilled through them about half way up from my first attempt at making a 3pt fork setup. I scraped that idea and turned the rear forks into the front setup which has worked great. The holes never gave me any problems even when I abused them, but the rear has 2x the lifting capacity that the front does, so I was worried they might be the weak link. So I beefed them up.

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

/ Few things...FEL Dolly, Forks F&R, 3pt hitch #2  
A fel dolly would be handy. I have thought about making one too.