Oil & Fuel Fiat 50-86 v/i Hydraulic Filler

/ Fiat 50-86 v/i Hydraulic Filler #1  

Localmotion

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland 50-86 / Siromer 204S / Case CK-28 / Cat 302.5 / Nissan L35.09 / Nissan Atleon 110
Hi All... hope you are ready for a daft question?! :confused:

I have a Fiat / New-Holland 50-86 vi vine tractor. Despite several hours of looking, I cannot find the hydraulic filler? Does anybody know where it is located on this model?

Maybe I am having a blonde moment, but can't seem to locate it anywhere... :confused2:

Cheers, Ian.

/ Fiat 50-86 v/i Hydraulic Filler #2  
If it is not at the bottom of the hydraulic pump it might be in the suction pipe to pump. It might be a washable screen. There should be a portion of pipe that has a small door held on by two bolts.

/ Fiat 50-86 v/i Hydraulic Filler
Thanks Robcat - but it is the filler not filter that I am looking for!

I have looked all over - my only last thought is whether it is under the seat, but that would seem a daft place to put it?!

Any other ideas or thoughts as to where to put the oil in would be appreciated.... :thumbsup:

/ Fiat 50-86 v/i Hydraulic Filler #4  
There usually is a hex head nut about 1" wrench size beside the gear shift levers on top of shifter cover. Remove this and add oil.

Thanks again Rob, but still no joy...!

Have removed the cover over gear leavers - no filler there?!

This one is really stumping me now - there is no filler ontop of the back axel that I can see - because this is a vine tractor the spool block is mounted direct behind the seat so no access directly to the top of the hydraulic resivoir. The only other option I can think of is if the filler is under the seat - but can't believe that Fiat would be so daft?

Any other idea's please???? :confused:

/ Fiat 50-86 v/i Hydraulic Filler #6  
G'day i have just had a look at the parts list and it loks like if you stand at the back of the tractor and look on the right side of the diff housing ( square part ) almost on the back corner above where the axle tube comes out you should see a hex head plug there ( pretty large the parts say it is 28mm thread)
Hope this helps

Jon

Thanks Banjodunn and Robcat for your help :)

Banjodunn was spot on - although did manage to find it myself eventually before reading his post. Because our 50-86 is a vine model, the filler was indeed on the right of the diff housing but I couldn't see it or get to it as the seat covers it! I eventually removed the seat (not an easy job on such a confined tractor) and found the filler. Now I know where it is I can just about get to it without removing the seat, but have to use some rubber tube to get oil into it! Great design Fiat :laughing: ! ! !

Thanks again - I have a new question now about splitting the tractor which I'll put on a seperate post entiltled "Problem Splitting Fiat 50-86"...