Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #361  
We as a nation need to develop and produce power at a cost that will allow heavy manufacturing to be redeveloped in this Country, without an economy based on manufacturing products a Nation can not prosper, the so called "service" industry does not produce anything to increase a countries gross national product numbers.
100%

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #362  
Why? There are more cost effective ways to produce clean energy that digging black rock from deep underground. And natural gas is one of the ways to do this. A natural gas plant is far more efficient and cheaper to operate cleanly than the coal train. That’s why my local utilities closed their coal plants and switched and the coal cars went to the scrapyard , replaced by other freight. Not only is gas cheaper, so are renewables. We did go to the moon, and we did find better ways of producing energy. And nuclear fusion is a technology that is coming. Regardless of what the future holds, the black rock is obsolete. No power companies are building new plants and old ones are closing annually. And yet our power use continues. Imagine that.
I’ve mentioned natural gas along with coal in dozens of posts, but you choose to keep putting words in my mouth I didn’t say.
Typical.
You may think black rock is obsolete, but China can’t get enough of it and they are running circles around us in manufacturing and cheap energy.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #363  
160 acre solar farm right past my fields .

( Top of the picture )

Hardly notice them anymore .

Excellent neighbors never a peep out of them .
40E4E102-FD80-414E-8FBF-90163E02FB59.jpeg

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #365  
You have to factor in two important things:
"$28k cost after credit."
That $28,000 would either be a loan which you pay interest on or cash which you lose investment interest on.
"Estimated solar savings over 25 yrs = $109K or $4360/yr." That's the most confusing since $4,360/year=$363.33/month. I've never had a $363/month electric bill in my life. I've never had a $200 electric bill. The highest we've ever had was a few months ago having six heaters, dehumidifiers and fans running 24/7 and my bill was $150 which my insurance company paid from a water leak. Our electric bill averages around $100/month. Even if it was $150/month that's $45,000 in 25 years. In 25 years I'll be 95.
$28,000 invested in the S&P 500 if it follows the last 25 years at 7.98% would be $190,690.12. And I wouldn't have unsightly panels, maintenance or damage. As it is now the power company is responsible for everything up to my meter base.
Living here 43 years our total loss of power has been a few days total, most of that loss was a major ice storm and we were in Florida and missed it. Ten years ago I bought a 9kW generator which has less than 3 hours of run time.
Not sure where you live, but that is not the prices for many others, myself included in the states of CT and VT. If we had those prices, I wouldn't consider solar. Heating a home with heat pumps, runs about $4 to $500 amonth during the cold ones...

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #367  
When those two banks recently failed, those accounts were only insured to 250k per FDIC. But, the govt took care of all the funds. Which means they printed more money, which diluted your money. Like adding water to paint in Tom Sawyer, diluting for whitewash. One day they can come out and say your money is useless, as it collapses. But you can scream gold is worthless from every rooftop, and the price will go up.
The banking crisis is far from over and it will get much worse.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #368  
It CAN be turned around if we do what needs to be done. The train needs a new engineer and crew.
Agreed but there is a tipping point where the economy collapses and fundamental changes are made where we won't be in Kansas anymore. Look for the big push and implementation of CBDC. This is the point of no return.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #369  
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #370  
Status
Not open for further replies.