Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #372  
A better picture of the solar farm from this morning.
6C5831EA-2168-4A66-BA40-F672B68F2A3C.jpeg

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #373  
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #374  
Thankfully the air pollution stays within their borders. :ROFLMAO:
Around here, lots of oil wells. When I was young, we could ride oil well roads all over. We could all go to a location, build a fire, visit. Now I know just one company drilled 613 more Wells. At times you could throw a rock from one rig to another. But a lot of them were from out of country. They didn't have to go by the same rules that Americans are bound to. Our guys are hamstrung by rules and foreigners drill like it's 1940. Oil companies do it because it's a lot cheaper. I remember a fellow near me had some vacuum trucks. Pumped off salt water and had disposal Wells he was supposed to go to and off load it. My brother and I were hunting along this creek, big enough you couldn't jump across it anywhere. I tasted the water, salty like ocean water. Went around to the next road over and he had an old location there behind a locked gate. He had a ditch dug through the woods to that creek. He was unloading the vacuum trucks straight into the creek. We talking a crew of men driving trucks around the clock. Some were tanker trailer trucks. I guess you can make more money if you don't have to drive 20 miles to a disposal well. The state controls disposal Wells. Fenced off and can only take so much at a certain rate. Always has a dinky chain and lock. Every truck driver has bolt cutters. It's a bad situation, I can go on,

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #375  
Yes , that is my dog Tempo formerly known as KB’s Crazy Mama .

She was a Grade A+ racer at Mardi Gras in Cross Lanes , WV .

She is of course a greyhound.

You may see her races here :

Trackinfo - Greyhound racelines, breeding info

.just look to the right of the page and press play .
Did I read that correctly? Father's name was GIGAWATT and this is a thread about electricity?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #377  
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #378  
A better picture of the solar farm from this morning.View attachment 794894
Nice looking animal. (y)

The panels remind me of the fields of row covers we see in our travels.

9FA703A4-927C-4207-A2C8-D88833651049.jpeg

I just found 2 more solar farms on Google Earth that I drive by pretty often and never knew they were there. Pretty unobtrusive compared to wind farms.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #379  
If solar panels were built like roofing panels and served both functions for residential homes, it wouldn't be obnoxious to me. But then there are those who hate metal roofing and think everything has to have asphalt shingles.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #380  
I believe there are solar roofing options working their way into the market place, and I think at pretty reasonable rates. I am assuming we may see more of it in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.