Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #741  
It's also 11 years old already.
I believe that the rule of thumb is the solar panels are doubling in efficiency every 2 to 3 years so maybe that facility if using current panels would power 2000 homes?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #742  
I believe that the rule of thumb is the solar panels are doubling in efficiency every 2 to 3 years so maybe that facility if using current panels would power 2000 homes?
Can you provide proof of this claim?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #743  

So you do realize that this is also a rest area for the freeway? If you look at the site from Google Earth, you see that was not " prime in-production farm land", it was a combination of field and woods. It appears the solar panels only take up about 20% of the 25 acres so approximately 5 acres or so of just solar panels, the rest of the site is a rest stop and educational facility. Perhaps you are the naïve one for believing the propaganda that is pushed out against solar energy. Perhaps you should do a little more research before posting such an ignorant set of "facts ".
[/QUOTE]

I'm going by the West Tennessee Solar Farm website. Any amount of land no matter what its used for is a waste when its being used with our tax dollars for a political agenda scam.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #744  
Millington Tennessee solar farm:
The solar facility will cover about 1,200-1,400 acres and generate 150 megawatts, equivalent to 399,600 solar panels. Facebook will use 110 megawatts of the plant's power.
“This is about really moving to green energy,” said Jim Balocki, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Navy.
The Millington solar farm is quite a sight to see. Hundreds of acres of solar panels that took $100-million and three years to build.
??? I'm trying to figure this out. That's $250 per solar panel assuming the land was free.
"On average, solar panels cost $17,430 to $23,870 for a typical 6-kilowatt (kW) system after federal tax credits."
In 2021, total U.S. conventional hydroelectricity generation was about 260 billion kilowatthours (kWh), equal to about 6.5% of total U.S. utility-scale electricity generation.
Something doesn't add up!
The Millington Tennessee solar farm paid for by American tax payers ... again pushing a political agenda at tax payers expense.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #747  
The sad thing is we keep falling for these same scams. American's have a short memory when it comes to being scammed.

Abandoned Dreams of Wind and Light

hmmm... I have a strong interest in solar and wind. Wonder about its future as I have a lot of retirement tied to gas and oil.

Was interested to read in article of the 6 biggest "ooppss" 5 were in California?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #748  
The West Tennessee Solar Farm in Haywood County on Interstate 40 is one of the largest solar panel farms in Tennessee, capable of producing more than 5 million watts of electricity annually.

Here is the website: West Tennessee Solar Farm

From the website: The West Tennessee Solar Farm generates enough energy to power 500 homes each year.
Also: The 5-megawatt West Tennessee Solar Farm is one of the largest solar-generating facilities in the Southeast.

So the largest solar farm in Tennessee can only power 500 homes a year? This is a waist of valuable land for a renewable energy system being sold to naïve people to take their money ... a big scam!
Ive seen that one several times. It's pretty small compared to others i've seen. Hard to believe it's the largest in TN.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #749  
So you are in favor of a law that would deprive an individual from using his property as he wishes?
Isn’t that an example of the “deep state” taking over?
Is an example of totalitarian rule.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #750  
"On average, solar panels cost $17,430 to $23,870 for a typical 6-kilowatt (kW) system after federal tax credits."
That is after a 50% installer markup.

The parts for a quality 10 kW grid tie system is about $17,000 before any tax credits. check UnboundSolar.com and other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.