Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #781  
Here is another example of the war on oil and coal energy and the man-made energy crisis that is fueling the renewable energy scam. If this goes through consumer energy prices will rise and the grid will become even more unreliable.

EPA set to take on a major source of carbon pollution

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #782  
The war on fossil fuels will cause many casualties.
Solar and wind farms are nice and should be pursued to the extent that they make sense. But to penalize fossil fuels this way makes us too reliant upon foreign countries, gives countries like China a big advantage over us, and makes Americans poorer.
We have 100’s of years of natural gas under us that can be burned cleanly & efficiently. More is being discovered every day. We have the best Nuke technology in the world and won’t use it.

To let this opportunity get away while other countries pollute the atmosphere is suicide.

Last edited:
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #783  
Just a reminder that big oil isn't hurting...

Speaking of big gas...

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #784  
This is only anecdotal evidence but...

I referenced an interactive map earlier that showed energy production forms and locations. From the map, it's pretty evident that fossil fuel production is not hurting, it's just shifting. Natural gas and everything related to it is sky rocketing nationally. The country is doing what many here are suggesting by encouraging natural gas. More pipelines are being built and more wells are being drilled here in Southeastern Ohio. We just are not using "old fashioned" oil and coal anymore in the ways we used to.

In Ohio, the former speaker of the house is going to prison for taking a bribe to push legislation that would put costs to upgrade/ maintain old fossil fuel power plants and infrastructure on tax payers. It had nothing to do with alternatives, but entirely to do with the big corporations padding the wallets of their share holders rather than reinvesting in their company. Either way, AEP customers have been informed that energy prices are going to potentially go up 30% in the next year for upgrades they THEY chose to put off.

Last edited:
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #785  
Some people have got together in one of our communities and are planning on installing a huge multi-acre solar farm on property adjacent to my daughter's and sister-in-law's property. They will be surrounded to the north and south of their properties and across the road. Their property value will go to nearly nothing.

Has anybody fought the installation of one of these?

Any ideas?

RSKY
See a lawyer and make sure there is a bond taken out for at least 2 times or more the current estimate for the demo of the solar farm. They have a life expectancy of 20 years at which time the company that owns them would most likely already file for bankruptcy and it would fall back to the landowner for the clean-up of the toxic materials that go into solar panels. If they can show a bond for the clean-up file an injunction. You can do this to both the landowner and the current owner of the solar field.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #786  
Fake news. The article states:

Explicit subsidies accounted for only 8 percent of the total.
That's still a pretty large number.

Screenshot_20230424_094303_Chrome.jpg

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #787  
You can't be serious. Do you really think that article presents reality? Data based on the the International Monetary Fund? Do you even know what the International Monetary Fund is?
Yes, I am very serious and I know what the IMF is, do you? This article takes in account all of the damage that is done by the fossil fuel industry to our environment that does not get paid for by the fossil fuel producers. I'm not against fossil fuel, but I am against people that say that it doesn't get subsidized.

Last edited:
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #788  
Fake news. The article states:

Explicit subsidies accounted for only 8 percent of the total. The remaining 92 percent were implicit subsidies, which took the form of tax breaks or, to a much larger degree, health and environmental damages that were not priced into the cost of fossil fuels, according to the analysis.

In other words they count tax deductions for standard business expenses as subsidies. Then make up another huge number for "environmental damages."
It's only fake news if you want to deny that tax subsidies have been used for years to promote certain industries. Governing bodies have always picked the winners and losers in society. I totally understand tax deductions and their affect. I started and owned a few manufacturing companies, I've seen many changes in the tax laws over the years. One of things I never saw was a reduction of the subsidies at farmers get. Manufactures get squat compared to the tax breaks, and the outright subsidies that we pay our farmers.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #789  
He’s not. And there’s no sense in taking him that way.
After the post made that windmills “smell like money”, I knew we were dealing with someone involved in the green energy business, or a big supporter, donor, etc.
I am a guy that started three manufacturing companies and sold them for a bunch of money. Unlike you I don't screw around on a big lawnmower, selling grass to self important horse people. My contributions to society were products that people actually need and use.

Status
Not open for further replies.