File under dumb questions

/ File under dumb questions #22  
   / File under dumb questions #23  
Agent Blue said:
I never imagined it took so much thought to cut an exhaust pipe and add a cover. Attaching a three point plow must take the better part of a day.

This.

/ File under dumb questions #24  
I think coffee can is the tool of choice here, though metal coffee cans probably won't be around too much longer and I don't think a plastic one would be a wise choice. :)

I vote for the coffee can, too. It's kind of fun to watch them shoot into the air when you forget to take them off before starting!:laughing:

/ File under dumb questions #25  
And the smaller the can the farther it shoots.

/ File under dumb questions #26  
My 1070's exhaust stack is a double wall tube You will/might have to deal with a way to keep the two concentric parts held together. Otherwise it may rattle around and self destruct.

/ File under dumb questions #27  
There is also the so called "mechanic's wire" that is soft and easily bendable. Much easier to work than other wires and has fixed many an exhaust system.
Not even sure where to buy it any more but this thread has rekindled my interest.

/ File under dumb questions #28  
Maybe rebar tie-wire is similar to the mechanic's wire you mention. Home depot and Lowe's have that stuff, and I always keep a roll of it on hand for various things around the house.

/ File under dumb questions #29  
How about a Coors Lite can, cut the top off, slide it over the stack, start the tractor and it will fly threw the air like a Silver Bullit.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ File under dumb questions #30  
Maybe rebar tie-wire is similar to the mechanic's wire you mention. Home depot and Lowe's have that stuff, and I always keep a roll of it on hand for various things around the house.

Probably, as long as it is soft and easily bendable. There actually used to be a product actually called mechanic's wire but I'll bet rebar tie wire is the same stuff. This was the original "duct tape" back in the old days before duct tape. A clever guy could fix anything with it.

How about a Coors Lite can, cut the top off, slide it over the stack, start the tractor and it will fly threw the air like a Silver Bullit.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

You could also use the same silver can and tie it down with a rubber band. Then rev the engine and snip the rubber band for maximum upward thrust. I'm think possible Olympic sport here?