Tires Filled front tires...

/ Filled front tires... #21  
I'm one of those people that don't like fluid in the front tires for any reason. One of the reason is that I wouldn't be able to keep it in the front tires very long. I have many, many more flats on the front than I do on the back. The front tires are much thinner than the rears and they take a lot of stress having to pull the tractor in FWA while having the loader bucket filled. In the last 8 years that I have had compact tractors, I have had two rear flats. I have had in the neighborhood of 10-12 front flats.

/ Filled front tires... #22  
JerryG said:
I'm one of those people that don't like fluid in the front tires for any reason. One of the reason is that I wouldn't be able to keep it in the front tires very long. I have many, many more flats on the front than I do on the back. The front tires are much thinner than the rears and they take a lot of stress having to pull the tractor in FWA while having the loader bucket filled. In the last 8 years that I have had compact tractors, I have had two rear flats. I have had in the neighborhood of 10-12 front flats.

Jerry, if I were you I would be thinking seriously about foaming those fronts.:)

/ Filled front tires... #23  
I have a Kubota M5040 with fronts and rears filled with Rimguard. I discussed the warning in the manual about filling the front tires with my dealer and it was his opinion "Kubota's just trying to sell weights." He also stated he's been filling front tires for years and has yet to have an issue.

For the type of work I do (logging, snow removal, loader work, road maint.), the weighted front tires have been a real asset. So far no flats and no issues with rolling the tires off the rims.

/ Filled front tires... #24  
   / Filled front tires... #25  
On a loader tractor it is best not to fill the fronts. Front flats are far more common than rear and a flat unloaded tubeless front tire can be fixed in under a minute. As far as ballast when the loader is removed, don't remove the whole frame, just drop the bucket (assuming you have quick attach), this leaves the tractor properly ballasted to support heavy rear implements, keeps the hydraulics clean, and saves lots of time.

/ Filled front tires... #26  
On a loader tractor it is best not to fill the fronts. Front flats are far more common than rear and a flat unloaded tubeless front tire can be fixed in under a minute.

Boy, all y'all who keep on talking about flats in the front had better fill 'em with foam :). Used to be a real problem for me, too...

On my little B7300 foam adds 60 lbs per tire. The ride is just dandy.

The downside is the price, but considering that I keep my tractor off pavement the tires last for a few years so I just have it done when I have new tires put on. Don't know how they get 'em off... :p

/ Filled front tires... #27  
MtnViewRanch said:
Jerry, if I were you I would be thinking seriously about foaming those fronts.:)
Actually my front flats have went down I would guess about 75% since changing to 6 ply tires.
As far a foam goes, I don't think that I would want to have to cut the tires off every three years. It has to be a real pain.:D

/ Filled front tires... #28  
JerryG said:
As far a foam goes, I don't think that I would want to have to cut the tires off every three years. It has to be a real pain.:D

Really, every 3 years,:eek: man I wish that I could put in that kind of seat time.:) Well maybe if I ever get to retire.:rolleyes: