Filled Front Tires?

/ Filled Front Tires? #11  
John, what cutter did you get? If you give me your front tire size, I can look up the weight that Arnco foam would add to each.

/ Filled Front Tires? #12  
5-73682-Brown484rotarycutterfrontview.jpg

Brown 484

Hi Glenn,

I have 9.5x24 fronts and I'm leaning toward windshield washer fluid @ 75% fill about 150 lbs. each added weight and possibly just the 23.5" front weight bracket without front weights {incompatible with my loader mounted} that weighs about 180 lbs....

I've driven equipment with "foam filled" tires and it's an extremely harsh and riveting ride over all/uneven terrain like fields... I'm out brush hogging usually for 6-10 hours @ a rip and don't think my kidneys nor stomach could handle the nastiness for that long...

...besides the filling's would probably also fall out of my teeth... /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ Filled Front Tires? #13  
212 lbs. per tire. Arco claims the Superflex fill, the most flexible of their 3 foam fills, has almost the same ride characteristics as air. I keep hoping someone will spring for this stuff and give us a report.

Never heard of Brown. Looks solid. I assume its rated as a medium duty. Double rear wheels--how interesting. I thought you were headed towards a Brush Bull. I assume this is less expensive. Having seen your brush, you may be replacing that rubber skirt with chains before too long.

/ Filled Front Tires? #14  
Glennmac,

My Kubota manual specifically recommends against filling the front tires, but there is no reason given. Of course, it only discusses calcium chloride also, so maybe the recommendation is outdated.

18-33477-tibbsig2.JPG

/ Filled Front Tires? #15  
John, you are right about the manual. No one really seems to know the reason, but some of the speculations are mentioned above in this thread: some sort of damage to the steering or 4wd or hopping. On the other hand, I have read quite a few members reporting here and on CTB that they have filled front tires with no noticeable bad effects.

Personally, I wouldnt worry about filling them on my 2910, and if I did so, I would use the Arnco Superflex foam because that will give the most fill weight (about 65 lbs per tire) and also flatproof the tires. I have not done so yet because 130 lbs. of fill isnt very much, and I can probably jury rig something with weights on the the front end or grill guard that will be both heavier and removeable.

/ Filled Front Tires? #16  
I had my front tires filled with the Arnco Superflex, and the literature is right, I can't tell the difference between when I had air in them and the Superflex, other than that I no longer get flats in the front! hehe. On my BX, with the little front tires, it added quite a bit of weight, too, which the BX needs for any serious work. Each tire was almost 50#. It's good stuff, handles the cold real well, doesn't ruin the rims, and the deflection is the same as straight air, so it doesn't change the ride enough for me to tell. They have a Web site, go check it out.... HTTP://www.arnconet.com