Filled Tire Performance

/ Filled Tire Performance
I have 400 ft of concrete driveway and I have noticed that (with FEL attached) that the tractor bounces a bit when I run at top speed (10 to 14 mph) up the driveway. I believe the bouncing is caused by the cantilevered weight of the loader out front. I am hoping that filling the rear tires will make the tractor a little more stable in this regard.
Jerry

/ Filled Tire Performance #13  
It should be more stable sideways on a hill (I think) because with filled tires, the center of gravity should be lower, thus making the tractor less likely to roll over. I do not want to be the one to test this theory however...

/ Filled Tire Performance #14  
It does make sence rf33.. That is where I need it most for cross hill work... Slight grade under 10% but still get butterflys! Dan

/ Filled Tire Performance #15  
Another thing which would help to improve the lateral stability would be to have the widest track possible. Many tractors have adjustable rear axles, and by widening them or by flipping the rear wheels around, perhaps you can increase the track which also should help to stabilize the tractor from side to side.

If you routinely run across slopes, perhaps a tiltmeter would also be a good addition to your tractor. Do a search here on tiltmeter, and you should find all the info you would ever need on them.

/ Filled Tire Performance #16  
Chim

I've got the same as you - B7500 with R4's.

One reason I was thinking about filling the tires is to help with the ride when mowing. I bounce all over the place now and need the seat belt just to stay on. I'm not going fast; it's just that my lawn (really an old field) is very rough.

Do you get a much better or more solid ride with the filled tires? I would think that you would, but I don't know if the weight in the tires would be enough to affect the ride much.

Just curious.

/ Filled Tire Performance #17  
I do not think that the filled tires would affect the bounce all that much, as I suspect alot of the bounce is due to the short wheelbase of your (as well as almost all) tractor(s). I could be wrong here, but I cannot seem to think of any reason that adding 10% more weight or so to the tractor would affect the ride quality very much.

/ Filled Tire Performance #18  
filled tires will add to your traction, don't beleive u will notice any diff in riding. but remember that the weight of the filled tires will always be with the tractor, and sometimes this could be negative. i prefer to add my weight by using an implement on the 3pt. know its not the same but i like it that way. some guys swear by filled tires, i don't.just mho. it really comes down to use of the tractor and your personal prefercences.

/ Filled Tire Performance #19  
Snowman, I really didn't notice a difference in the ride filled/unfilled. I did air the tires down a bit, especially the rears. That seemed to make a difference. I think they are around 15# at present....................chim