Filled tires at lower levels

/ Filled tires at lower levels #11  
I believe poster #2 and #8 are right when they say the 75% is to keep the wheel fully covered to prevent air from getting to the rim and causing rust. This was from the days of CC. This would also be the maximum fill lever to leave room for air.
Since most fill tires because it cheaper than adding cast iron weights, they are looking for the most weight possible, hence the 75% fill. If you do not need that much weight you can fill to a lesser %.

/ Filled tires at lower levels #12  
Don't know if there is enough weight Vs volume to allow sloshing but that is a big concern with tankers like milk trucks. 1/2 full is a dangerous load since it will slosh when turning and braking. granted this probably is not much of an issue at 5 MPH on a tractor.

/ Filled tires at lower levels #13  
Folks talk about 50% vs 75% fill so as to avoid extra weight when mowing. Most of these CUT tires wont hold more than 50 gallons of fluid so 25 gallons vs 37 gls. =104# more at 75% per tire.. DO you get off the tractor and walk when mowing to keep your 240# *** from damaging the grass? I dont think so. If 200 pounds of weight extra is going to damage the grass, then you shouldnt be out on it because it is too wet.
PSI loading on tractor tires is likely less that PSI loading on your dogs foot print or your shoe print.
My B 26 tire holds a whopping 21 gallons at 75% fill

/ Filled tires at lower levels #14  
Folks talk about 50% vs 75% fill so as to avoid extra weight when mowing. Most of these CUT tires wont hold more than 50 gallons of fluid so 25 gallons vs 37 gls. =104# more at 75% per tire.. DO you get off the tractor and walk when mowing to keep your 240# *** from damaging the grass? I dont think so. If 200 pounds of weight extra is going to damage the grass, then you shouldnt be out on it because it is too wet.
PSI loading on tractor tires is likely less that PSI loading on your dogs foot print or your shoe print.
My B 26 tire holds a whopping 21 gallons at 75% fill

I agree. If what you are wanting is additional stability, go the 75%.

/ Filled tires at lower levels #15  
My tractor is smaller than you guys are dealing with, but I have about 85% fill in mine. My tires were filled with the tires off the tractor, lieing on the ground, with the valve stem towards the sky.:)

EDIT: And I have no idea how much air is in my tires, I deflated them when they were on their side, installed them on the tractor, then inflated with air til 'all' the tread was level with my concrete floor.

/ Filled tires at lower levels #16  
EDIT: And I have no idea how much air is in my tires, I deflated them when they were on their side, installed them on the tractor, then inflated with air til 'all' the tread was level with my concrete floor.

That's probably what my purchasing-dealer did when they filled my tires. The outcome could have been deadly when they over-filled my tires by 30 psi.

/ Filled tires at lower levels #17  
My tractor is smaller than you guys are dealing with, but I have about 85% fill in mine. My tires were filled with the tires off the tractor, lieing on the ground, with the valve stem towards the sky.:)

Milton makes an air gauge for liquid filled tires excluding chloride $10 shipped to your door on Amazon. Rinse it out and put some air tool oil in it

Dave

/ Filled tires at lower levels #18  
That's probably what my purchasing-dealer did when they filled my tires. The outcome could have been deadly when they over-filled my tires by 30 psi.
Na, probably wouldn't have killed you, but, could have left a good bruise.

All that aside though, your dealers workers just plain did it wrong.

/ Filled tires at lower levels #19  
Milton makes an air gauge for liquid filled tires excluding chloride $10 shipped to your door on Amazon. Rinse it out and put some air tool oil in it

Dave
Thanks for the info, but a good eye is all that is needed. You need all the tread to sit flat on the ground(level concrete is best), to get the best traction for your tractor tires.

/ Filled tires at lower levels #20  
Thanks for the info, but a good eye is all that is needed. You need all the tread to sit flat on the ground(level concrete is best), to get the best traction for your tractor tires.
I used to say the same thing till I popped the bead on the rear tire of my B26 while walking back and forth on a slanted dirt bank just packing some dirt. It had 10# (guessing as that is what the other tire had) and barely squated to what I would have considered good for traction. The bead broke on the outside edge with what was the low side of the hill by rolling the tire under. It could have had less than the other tire but I didnt notice it looking low. Now I have them all aired up to the max load pressure of 20 PSI since traction isnt an issue with the B26 for backhoe and FEL work. I had to remove the tire and roll it around to get the bead back seated enough to hold air. Luckily I didnt need any of that exploding ether or wd 40 to seat it back.
I dont know if you would get more water in the tire with it laying flat or standing as either way you will have an air space in it. Of course if he continued to put water in to 30PSI after bleeding it when full, one can get near 95% water that way.