Tires Filled Tires

/ Filled Tires
I purchased the tractor used and no manual came with. I have ordered one form the local dealer (@ $50). Waiting to pick it up. Will the 300 lbs. help at all in plowing my gravel drive? Is it worth adding the weights?

/ Filled Tires #12  
$50 for a manual? Cripes. Why is it many companies put their manuals online for free, yet NH makes you buy them, at an exorbitant price? Guess I answered my own question.

/ Filled Tires #13  
While I agree $50 is a lot, I doubt they do it to make money. They probably create more ill will than anything else. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Filled Tires #14  
John, Where do you find rim guard solution? Sounds like a great alternative. I have always done my own mounting, filling, and repairing but have used calcium chloride.
Thanks, Vic

/ Filled Tires #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Will the 300 lbs. help at all in plowing my gravel drive? Is it worth adding the weights? )</font>

Yes, weather it is worth it or not will be up to you after you use them and see what the results are.
I have liquid in mine and pulling a 830lb BB would be difficult without the extra weight.

/ Filled Tires #16  
Here's Rim Guard's web site. They can probably refer you to a dealer in your area: Rim Guard

/ Filled Tires #17  
Yep, Rim Guard has gotten to be the standard here in Michigan. Chloride is still used, but only by those either not informed or those not wishing to spend the bit more it costs. It's heavier, non-corrosive and environmentally safe. Can't beet it!! Yuk Yuk. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif